[Mk2] [Turbo] More boost plz

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pikeyace

[Mk2] [Turbo] More boost plz

Post by pikeyace »

Hi all,I have a blitz dsbc and have played with the settings low and high gain/ratio but can't seem to boost above 0.77. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or am I missing something.[/b][/u]
Dan88

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] More boost plz

Post by Dan88 »

im in exactly the same situation mate!! ive been told from what ive described that its fitted wrong, but i cant see how ive fitted it wrong as its pretty fool proof :-k
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

It's so frustrating. I fitted an fcd thinking it was the fuel cut stoping me but that hasn't worked unless I have fitted that wrong. Don't no what else to do :(
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Have you unplugged the VSV? Theres a plug underneath the inlet manifold (you gotta get under the car). Without that unplugged it will keep bleeding off boost, making it impossible to get it set.
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

I here this vsv thing pop up alot on the forums. Does any 1 have a pic of wot it looks like and is it just a case of unplugging it and what side is it nearer for jacking purposes
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

VSV ?

Should also be done on a rev3?

My engine is still stock. If I unplug the VSV, will I get/run higher boost?
And will that be complety save?
I won't damage my knock sensor ?
Dan88

Post by Dan88 »

cant speak for the Rev3 but ive disconnected it on my rev2 (and DSBC still wont set up lol)

basically, if you jack up the rear drivers side, and crawl under from the back of the car, looking up under your inlet manifold there will be a blue canister, next to this there will be a metal unit with 2 pipes going to it, on of these pipes will be a U shaped pipe, take this off and put a bung in it (i used an old bolt) then take the other hose off and put a bung in that also.

thats what ive done from memory, but use the search function on here for VSV and you will soon find a pictorial method of doing it.

Basically with this disconnected, you can now run full boost in 1st and 2nd, and it will also allow you to get your EBC set up (hopefully)

mine must be a fitting problem :-k
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

I have disconected the light blue plug on the cylinder shape gizmo and i think it feels faster in 2nd haven't nailed 1st yet but it still ain't boosting high enough.On my boost controller the gain is set to 50 and the ratio 70 is this right.when set lower than that it is slower.do you think I should go higher
Marf

Post by Marf »

I fitted my Blitz EBC a couple of weeks ago and couldnt run more than .7bar, then I disconnected my TVSV and was able to run more.

To get 1 bar I'm running a gain of 25 and ratio of 53.
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

My boost controller is a dual solenoid 1. Would the settings be much different yours being a rev 3
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yup mines dual solenoid too, SBCID :thumleft:

I shouldn't imagine the settings would be that different between revs.

Also when fitting my controller I didnt fully plug in the connector to the solenoid, it was in, but not seated properly, so again it only gave me 0.7bar until I connected it properly.
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

I used your gain and ratio settings but it only managed about 0.68.
Whereabouts is this solenoid thing so I can have a fiddle because I am out of ideas now
Marf

Post by Marf »

pikeyace wrote:I used your gain and ratio settings but it only managed about 0.68.
Whereabouts is this solenoid thing so I can have a fiddle because I am out of ideas now

The solenoid is usually mounted to the firewall or somewhere out of the way, follow the vacuum lines coming off the actuator and you'll find it.

has the TVSV definitely been disconnected?
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

I check it out tomoro.I unpluged it I haven't cut and pluged the pipe.I thought disconecting the power would be enough.should I do the other way 2?
Marf

Post by Marf »

Unplugging the unit is fine, thats what I did.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Ren0W wrote:VSV ?

Should also be done on a rev3?

My engine is still stock. If I unplug the VSV, will I get/run higher boost?
And will that be complety save?
I won't damage my knock sensor ?

The VSV is the toyota boost controller. If you fit another boost controller this must be disconnected, espessially on a rev3.
pikeyace

Post by pikeyace »

Still no Different today. Still peaks at 0.66.
Could the fuel cut be the problem you think?
Marf

Post by Marf »

No the fuel cut is set upwards of 1.2 bar, if you'd hit it you'd have felt it, you get thrown forward some when it cuts in as you go from max acceleration pretty much nothing.

Are the hoses to and from the solenoid corrected the right way?

Return to “Modifications”