[Mk2] [Turbo] Couple Of Problems..

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

[Mk2] [Turbo] Couple Of Problems..

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

If anyone can help me with these I would be most gratedful! I just bought a whole instument cluster with 160mph clocks and delimitter already attached to it which I have fitted myself. The original speedo on the old cluster had packed up and since fitting this one I still have the same problem.. So obviously it is something else and nothing to do with the cluster? The cables are all connected so what else could this be? Heard it mentioned about a sensor somewhere? What should I be looking for and where? Anyone else had this Problem? Secondly, when my lights are on shouldnt there be a yellow light on the dash? The blue `full beam` light comes on when I switch them on, and also the fogs work but no light appears on the dash? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers. Dan. (Car is 1990 Revision 1 GT Turbo)
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Couple Of Problems..

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Forgot to mention the boost gauge is not doing anything either..
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

probably the speedo drive on the gearbox (cable driven on rev1)
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

have you checked the bulb responsible for illuminating the "lights on" icon...and if the boost guage is an electically operated type you gotta chase the power/signal wires back to source if it's not lighting up and operating...mine has power wire to acc 12v,signal wire to sensor,power wire to dash lighting and earth.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cheers for the replys,it is the gearbox end.

Return to “Electrical”