Clear Cam Covers for MKII

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

indigo

Clear Cam Covers for MKII

Post by indigo »

Hi All

I am looking to get a group buy for Clear Cam Covers for the MKII

At the moment I cannot find anyone that will supply these due to the tooling and set up costs involved.

They wil be made out of GE Lexan Resin.

Thor have them for the Toyota Supra MKIII

The difference is that the one that I am trying to get made will possibly have a small clip out panel to check timing belt tension.

These will look geat on any engine with out without adjustible cam pulleys and be handy to visually inspect the condition of your timing belt without moving the timing belt cover - which as we know is a fiddly job at the best of time.

The prototype costs is going to run into the 000s so I would be hoping to get a group buy of 60-100 ( I know that it is a lot but this will be a one of deal for 100 of them)

I am primarily doing this so that I can get one at a reasonable price. I am hoping to get the price for £90 - £95 + Vat (the one on thor for the supra is 150 + vat on special offer and this is a fairly good price as the quality of the materials used is second to none).

Everything will be done through paypal and a deposit of £20 -£25 will be required - but as I say as everything is done through paypal you will have buyer protection - I will try to get the company that is making these to do a money back guarantee if people are not satisfied with the finished product - I am not sure about that yet.

Any guys let me know what you think and we'll see if can be done.

Thanks

Dean

This is the Thor one for the supra

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Toyota_Sup ... R00102.asp
Yas

Re: Clear Cam Covers for MKII

Post by Yas »

Theres a company on the USA board mr2oc.com making these. Heres the link http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=348483
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I have contacted plastics4performance several times about the posibilities of producing these and they never get back to me!

Also, I presume you mean clear cam gear covers, as a plastic cam cover would probably melt quite fast!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

There was a clear cam cover in the for sale section a few weeks ago
indigo

Clear Cam covers

Post by indigo »

I had a look at the mr2oc but it looks as if they were not able to get the final item finished.
If they had one on there or here I would have bought it in a New York minute, that would save me having to go to all this lengths - maybe I will wait until one comes up.

But yes I meant to say Clear Cam Gear Covers - however I belive that Thor were selling Clear Cam Covers as well because GE Lexan Resin can take the heat without melting

Anyone got any ideas were else we can get these or for cheaper I am all ears :thumleft:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

oh you mean Cam pulley and belt cover.

I got all excited then that you were actually talking about a see through Cam cover :(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I am well interested in one of these btw (I forgot to say that up there ^^^). It might be worth having another bash at plastics4performance, I know they've made perspex windows for the SW20 before, Nathan @ Century has them on his drag car. I think in your proposed quantities of 100+ they would jump at the chance. You'd do well to advertise this on other MR2 forums to try and bring the numbers up too.

And what about the MK3? :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
kerazee

Post by kerazee »

I too would be very interested in one to show off my recently acquired HKS adjustable.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Call me suspicious but...

You've been registered on the forums for a few months, only 3 posts, and you want money off people for deposits etc...

Thanks, but no thanks :thumleft:
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
indigo

Paypal?

Post by indigo »

I see your point in a way except that towards the end of the post it does mention paypal to give buyer protection - not sure what else I would be able to do - if you have suggestions would be great to hear them - bearing in mind that the costs of tooling 100 prototypes is in the region 6-7k by the looks of it - will give plastics4performance a go though anywhere they can be done cheaper.

But if you need someone to vouch for me try Greddy-Matt - just bought his engine as part of a 9k project.

At the moment It looks as if this project is not going to go ahead unfortunately.

Thanks to those who have shown an interest so far - you never know

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”