[All] [Generic] Tyre Opinions for Hankook Ventus RS212

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nick_280

[All] [Generic] Tyre Opinions for Hankook Ventus RS212

Post by nick_280 »

Has anybody or is anybody using the Hankook Ventus RS2 track tyre? I read very good reports about it on other cars comparing it to the R888 describing it as being not quite as good but lasts longer. Another saying he lost 0.6 of a second per lap compared the to the R888 using them.

If its only "not QUITE as good", it will do for me for now.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hanko ... 2-Z212.htm

Any opinions?
Extubby

Re: [All] [Generic] Tyre Opinions for Hankook Ventus RS212

Post by Extubby »

5000 miles on and still love them.
I would say that they wear a little faster than a normal "good" road tyre. I have 2000 miles left on them.
Grip is superb, cold or hot and they grip very well. Breakaway is smooth and very comtrolable. Stability is the best I have felt in all the tyres I have been through.

Can't go wrong.
These will be hard to get now though as they are to be replaced with RS-3 which Hankook claim to be equal to the 888. Will be interesting to see.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
MrLuke

Post by MrLuke »

Ive had mine for about 4000mi and would guess im about half way through them. Very impressed with them, have quite a stiff sidewall and lots of grip with an easily controllable breakaway.

Will definitely be buying them again, theyre not all that bad in the wet either.
nick_280

Post by nick_280 »

Sound good to me, thanks for the feedback.

I can still get some and they do the size's I'm looking for where nobody else does.

Cheers.

Return to “Modifications”