[Mk2] [Generic] My New Install

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

madbasshunter

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] My New Install

Post by madbasshunter »

Thanks 8)
I did the big three on the red 2 with good quality 4 gauge went from alt to distribution block in boot (which fed amps) and then back down the car to the battery I used a recon toyota alternator after trying a qx components one which outputted 13.6v (adequate according to qx technical) whereas the toyota was 14.6 and up to 15.3 after TB3.
On the new one I have fitted a turbo alternator and bracket have a manual rack so no electrical power steering and am running 0 gauge from alternator to circuit breaker on bulkhead to feed amps in the boot and then 0 gauge from circuit breaker to starter motor cable which goes back to battery (0 gauges are joined at circuit breaker as its easier than three wires off alternator and its only a foot away) where it joins the battery is 0 gauge and there are 0 and 4 gauge earths from battery and engine. Battery is an optima yellow top and using autoleads gold battery terminals.
All original charging wires are still in place.
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Sounds like you've put alot of time and effort into your system, bet it sounds great :thumleft:

Might have a crack at doing my gt4 :-k , still got all the kit from my mr2 8)
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Any pictures of your mr2 install?
Mine isn't running yet as I am not putting the amp board in the boot till after mot and power run on dyno as it blocks access to ecu etc :wink: I can't mot it till my leg is a bit better hence the free time spent posting progress pics :roll:
I hope it sounds good and is loud got to be better than the 128.6db from last time, I am running the doors off the head unit gently as a temporary measure and the positioning sounds good 8)
They are trying to persuade me to change the sub box for a twin 12 fourth order build :?
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I used to, I had all my installation pics on my old laptop that blue screen of death failed :(

I was running vibe black air front (very smooth sound) and vibe sek rear (very punchy) off a vibe Vibe Slick 4 amp @ 2 ohms .

And for bass, alpine type r 10's running from a alpine 3539

Bit ar$e about face for the amps I would much rather had the alpine running the components but its not built for 2 channel 2 ohm :(

Both amps were fed from a 4 farad powercap.

Sounded nice I such a small cabin :thumleft:
Draven

Post by Draven »

I like this a lot

Think i might do something simliar certainly like the position of the crossovers. and being able to see the woofer. :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Sub Box put into place
and passenger seat
Bass generator in the glovebox :)
RyanRs wrote:

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Love your installs mbh :thumleft: where did you get your bass gen from .. I like it alot (parametric by any chance)
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

It's made by vibe most halfords stores have one on their audio board where you can press the red button to play a bass tone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23wTRnB ... detailpage
Review here
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/in ... rator-r771
RyanRs wrote:

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Cheers for the link .. "Parametric bass boost 0-12dB @ 40 Hz - 120Hz"

Like this alot :thumleft: may have to do an install in my st205 8)
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Got some new leather inserts for the doorcards as there were a couple of scuffs and also fitted clear lenses

Which show the rainbow bulbs better

RyanRs wrote:

tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Nice install, i'm accumulating parts myself at the min to do mine.

What RCA lead length did you use for the amps in the frunk? 1m?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

tiff_lee wrote:Nice install, i'm accumulating parts myself at the min to do mine.

What RCA lead length did you use for the amps in the frunk? 1m?

I installed mine under the seats .. just a thought .
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Yes I used a 1m bass RCA and 1m high definition music RCA by Vibe, they are now in the garage somewhere :roll:
RyanRs wrote:

madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Got the amps fitted today and cut the cover out
Now got to carpet it but rain stopped play.
Had a little play with it and on tickover the amp was getting 14.8v and on bass only dropped to 14.4 :)
RyanRs wrote:

madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

The amps in position
and the cover on (I know the amp is missing a cover)
RyanRs wrote:

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looking good mbh :thumleft:
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

When doing the big three upgrade what are you doing exactly for the positive cable upgrade?

I've done some googling trying to find any info on what others have done exactly and all I came across was this thread

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=396279

the guy on there Ishii who seems to know what he is talking about suggests putting a new cable from the alternator to the starter therefore using the starting cable as part of the charging system.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

tiff_lee wrote:When doing the big three upgrade what are you doing exactly for the positive cable upgrade?

I've done some googling trying to find any info on what others have done exactly and all I came across was this thread

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=396279

the guy on there Ishii who seems to know what he is talking about suggests putting a new cable from the alternator to the starter therefore using the starting cable as part of the charging system.

Google big3 thats the way to go with an install :thumleft:

Sure mbh will agree 8-[
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Yes I am using the starter cable as part of the charging system. I have a length of 0 gauge to one pole a circuit breaker then to the starter cable, and the other side of the circuit breaker feeds the amps in the boot. So the 0 gauge goes from alternator to starter cable and there is a spur off to the amps.
I have left all stock wiring in and added 0 gauge earth at battery and engine (and 4g).
RyanRs wrote:

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Sounds sweet mbh .. bet the bass kicks .. love it :mrgreen:

Are you using power caps (i did).

Kev.

Return to “ICE and Security”