Re: gran turismo

Post by fizz »

Without doubt;

Tommy Kaira ZZII

Image :clap:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

You wern't wrong fizz on the new races, only done 3 (Hot Pursuit is awesome and stealing GT5 time :D) Slung on a set of racing tyres and the stock cars won with ease, had to put a stage 3 turbo on the C4 though as could only get 3rd in stock form.

PS. Everyone buy Hot Pursuit, Online is most fun driving game bar none :)
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
fizz

Post by fizz »

haha.. Crysis on my new supa dupa PC is eating away at my GT5 time now... along with Fallout Las Vegas on the PC! :whistle:

in saying that though i have just the endurance races left and ive done 3 of them already... On B spec im on the big races too with multiple drivers. Too time consuming.

This game is a lot shorter than GT4!!! ](*,)
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Only done the one endurance race, can you save part way through on some of the larger ones? Not too keen on leaving the thrice YLOD'd machine on constanly with the game paused, probably come home to a flashing red light 22 hours into a 24 hour race ](*,)
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
fizz

Post by fizz »

sadly no you cant save part way through the sodding gets didnt give us that option!

Also the toe rags did away with being able to shut down the game midway through a campionship and the return to where you left off from like in GT4. ](*,)
fizz

Post by fizz »

Whoo hoo! Just got gold across all the licence tests!! :twisted:
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

how do you grab screenshots from the game to post here?
fizz

Post by fizz »

during the reply you can press the pause button and then click on take photo/photo mode and then save the photo and export it to the PS3 and then copy it over to a USB and jobs a goodun. :thumleft:
phipck

Post by phipck »

i found some glitches in photo mode when trying to take pictures from certain angles, the image you set up is not the photo it asks if you want to save!

i lined my camera up over the top of my nice new mclaren f1 so that i had a perfect arial view and the image i got after taking the photo is a spinning swirl of a mess! like it cant cope with its orientation when it takes the photo!

grrrrr!
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

fizz wrote:during the reply you can press the pause button and then click on take photo/photo mode and then save the photo and export it to the PS3 and then copy it over to a USB and jobs a goodun. :thumleft:

ive saved it too my gallery not sure how to export tho, ive taken the picture in photo travel not during race
fizz

Post by fizz »

adam_ep82 wrote:
fizz wrote:during the reply you can press the pause button and then click on take photo/photo mode and then save the photo and export it to the PS3 and then copy it over to a USB and jobs a goodun. :thumleft:

ive saved it too my gallery not sure how to export tho, ive taken the picture in photo travel not during race

Go to your pic and press the triangle button on it and select Export to XMB and it should save it in the pics on your ps3 gallery.
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

ill try tonight!
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

here we go my fave at the moment,

phipck

Post by phipck »

have to agree that the mclaren is also my favorite......its the reason i bought the game, however i have gone for the base silver paint job and not put any of the aero parts on yet as they arnt correct for the real car...... but if it helps it stick to the black stuff i might find myself adding them on ;-)
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

i found it to me alot better with the aero parts
phipck

Post by phipck »

hmmm maybe im just being a little bit anal about it, maybe i can convince myself that im installing a version of the GT kit..... if only gt5 also had the LM in premium.... then i could have the best of both worlds!
phipck

Post by phipck »

so...... i bought a 1997 n/a which apparently has the beams 198bhp engine......

drives quite nicely, certainly manageable and slightly erie experience :thumleft: i then added some slight breathing mods and fully adjustable suspension so i could essentially set the car up the same as mine (although mine isnt nearly as powerful an n/a as a beams) that was also really strange as the car felt to react like mine over bumps etc having set the spring rates, dampers and camber/toe the same as my last geometry setup... super :thumleft:

i then went and added a exhaust manifold, decat, full race exhaust, inlet manifold and race filter, entry level clutch upgrade, entry level flywheel upgrade, along with stage 3 engine tuning and ecu upgrade and a fully adjustable gearbox.... anyone want to hazzard a guess as to what GT5 thinks this 2litre na can output!!!

i think the modifications are slightly inflated in their resulting figures, but it certainly made the nurburgring an interesting drive! Currently an unweildy 7min 40ish seconds, using the normal game controler, which will reduce as i tweek the car and get settled into how it drives.
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

I will also repeat that everyone must buy the Tommy Kira ZZII in the used section

you can win it by getting all gold in the first licence..
fizz

Post by fizz »

dansREV2turbo wrote:
I will also repeat that everyone must buy the Tommy Kira ZZII in the used section

you can win it by getting all gold in the first licence..

Nope.. Im sure you win the little crappy lotus Elise look alike.

Also ive got gold on all the licences!

Stopped playing the game now though as cba with the endurance races.

Also who has got to level 30 in A spec? Ive unlocked the redbull 2010GP mental nutter car and i swear i cant control it as its way way too fast with ultimate grip! Changes direction like a fly which makes it so hard to control. :twisted:
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

yeah I got the X1 :)
I think it's great. Really fun to drive but it's so fast that I ended up breaking my steering wheel by trying to turn it too quickly!
#-o

Wingers

Return to “Games Consoles”