MR2 Mk2 Rev3 G-Limited import £750

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyPanic

MR2 Mk2 Rev3 G-Limited import £750

Post by JohnnyPanic »

Here’s my 1993 ‘K’ MR2 Mk2 Rev3 G-Limited auto import reluctantly up for sale. The Rev3 is UK 1994 spec, but the Japanese got it a year early. This is the 173BHP 2litre twin-cam engine, and is a great drive.

I’ve known this car since import in 2003. The one previous UK owner is a friend of mine, and importantly we’re still friends after I bought it from him! In the past six years it’s been ultra-reliable for both of us, and I’m as loathe to sell it on as he was. But needs must (he needed more seats due to a new child, and I’ve just got a Boxster).

Top line info:
88,000 miles (displaying just over 141,500 km)
Automatic (nice smooth box for stress free driving, and a fixed second gear for when you want a bit more fun. Also means that you know the engine hasn’t been thrashed as you can’t over-rev it)
Mechanically sound and very reliable
Tax & MOT until the end of September
Serviced less than 500 miles ago
Original 15” alloys fully refurbed last spring
New tyres 2,500 miles (4000km)
Full UK Service History (i.e. since import)
Air con, power steering

As demonstrated in the pics, the paintwork could do with a little TLC, and this is reflected in the low price. The 90’s red paint has faded and been t-cut back in places – I’ve tried to get the most realistic photo’s up. I’ve also shown the few minor scrapes on the bodywork in the pics, the worst being on the passenger door when my neighbour’s daughter fell off her bike into it!

There’s no accident damage to the car, all panels align perfectly and all joins and weld spots are original and not interfered with. This was verified by Tom at 911 Virgin who inspected it when I got my new car from them.

It’s a great runner and a fantastic car, and with the low price due to the paintwork you’ll have something of a bargain buy! Any questions fire away. I’ve got a few more pics if you’re interested.

You can view my history of the car on my Pistonheads history

£750
London

Last edited by JohnnyPanic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
poser

Re: MR2 Mk2 Rev3 G-Limited import £750

Post by poser »

Shame. You'd be nursing a bitten-off hand if it had a manual box...
JohnnyPanic

Post by JohnnyPanic »

poser wrote:Shame. You'd be nursing a bitten-off hand if it had a manual box...

Don't I know it! I originally bought this because it was offered to me at a good price by someone I knew and trusted. I was sceptical about the auto box beforehand but actually quite like it. Point and shoot, you can't go wrong!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Not a negative point now there is the flappy paddle conversion offered by TwoBrutal/Woodsport i think? :thumleft:

How many times have you tried to T-cut it back to Red?
JohnnyPanic

Post by JohnnyPanic »

Tiny wrote:Not a negative point now there is the flappy paddle conversion offered by TwoBrutal/Woodsport i think? :thumleft:

How many times have you tried to T-cut it back to Red?

Personally I've not done more than an exuberant polish with T-cut. The guy I got it from had quite a full on t-cut session just before I bought it. The worst area, as shown in the pics, is the drivers side rear wheel arch - that rear quarter was quite faded just before I picked it up.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

That will come back with a good mop and an experienced detailer. :thumleft:
JohnnyPanic

Post by JohnnyPanic »

Yeah, I reckon so. It's really minor cosmetic stuff. If whoever gets it is in a position to easily tidy it up then they'll have got themselves a great bargain.

I'd be tempted to keep it and give it a go myself, but the wife won't let me keep two mid-engine sports cars!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Get rid of the wife get two parking spaces then :thumleft:
JohnnyPanic

Post by JohnnyPanic »

:lol:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”