Naughty police

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mr2nut123

Naughty police

Post by mr2nut123 »

rhamps

Re: Naughty police

Post by rhamps »

interesting video? not sure what to say really. But "pigs do fly lol"
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

ive seen police cars driving at all sorts of speeds without their lights or sirens, some of them are a law unto themselves, it's just one of those things, they get away with it until something bad happens and then we hear about it...

bit like politics really :wink:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

the fuzz car may have been stolen by chavs :^o and a 15 year old could have been at the wheel
:lol:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Thats a bit retarded, I know that road and there are cameras on it, the A55 is one of the worst roads to speed on. Also the video doesnt capture the police cars licence plate. They have also posted up the road they were driving on so they could be done for that. People have been prosecuted for driving offences by video evidence. The police car makes no difference, if it was me I would remove that video sharpish.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Given that the police don't need to put lights or sirens on no matter what speed they're doing, I'm really not sure what the guy was trying to prove by posting that.
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

ekona wrote: I'm really not sure what the guy was trying to prove by posting that.

that he can drive at 90 while listening to lady gaga?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

And a bad remix at that ;)
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

I didn't see anything more than 90 in that video.

And thats an Ultimate NRG 4 cd by the sounds of it.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Police only need there sirens / Lights on in traffic / towns to warn others they are their dont they, obviously there was no traffic so thats why he didnt have them on :roll: :roll: Whats the point in making noise and flashing lights when its not needed????

Also Why risk your license doing that, Seems the worlds stupidest thing Speeding when you know theres a police car infront of you...
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

I thought the rules had changed since that little boy was killed by a police car and they now have to have the lights and or siren on when speeding or in pursuit?

I was on the a66 the other day doing 85mph and a evo police car went past me at over 100, we saw him later down the road pulled over doing a crossword or something lol

Graeme
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Borrowed from over on PH:

Six Fiend wrote:The BiB line:

The speed limits can be 'ignored' if to adhere to them would hinder the use of the vehicle for a police purpose. Police officers in marked cars on duty have been given speeding tickets and paid them when shown to not be legally using the exemption.

There is no requirement to use blue lights and sirens to take advantage of exemptions. As such no laws have been broken.

They shouldn't be travelling dangerously at any time.

There is no requirement for them to have warning lights or horns on in order to avail themselves of the exemption. It is a decision for the driver on whether they consider it appropriate or not in the individual circumstances.

Some times they'll use them because they deem it appropriate, some times they won't because they deem that most appropriate. There is nothing in law that requires them to ever use blue lights & two tones, it's down to their discretion.

If I don't want to alert the burglar in a house, I won't use them.

If I want to catch up with a car I want observe without alerting them, I won't use them.

Putting the blue lights on doesn't validate the use of the exemption it's the purpose that does.

If an officer wants a thrill & drives quickly, putting the blue lights on doesn't make what he is doing right.

If an officer is going to a burglary & doesn't use blue lights, that doesn't make what he is doing wrong.

The purpose defines whether the use of the exemption was appropriate in each case, not the use (or lack of) of blue lights.

In poor weather, especially at night, blue lights can be a distraction. I only use them at junctions and hazards but not on straight main roads in these circumstances.

The law says that the vehicle must be being used for police purposes. Therefore it does not have to be:
a, Driven by a police officer
b, A police vehicle.
A commandeered taxi would be a good example.

A police driver is able to make use of their exemptions at any time and for any length so long as they are able to justify their use. The justification for their use rests solely with the driver and if a legal dispute ever arose it would for the courts to decide whether or not the justification was appropriate. A police driver is still liable to be prosecuted for any road traffic offence outside of their exemptions if their driving falls below the standard expected. This is even if they are making legitimate use of exemption, for example when legitimately negotiating a red traffic light junction on route to a call with blues and twos, if the police car is not driven through at speed and without treating the red light as a "give way", the driver may be liable to a Sec 2 or Sec 3 traffic offence.

Return to “Driving Experiences”