Search function

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Search function

Post by JohnnyC »

Can we please have the search option default to "Search for all terms" (instead of "Search for any terms or use query as entered") please?

I can't think of a single reason why I'd want to search for posts that contain any of the words I'm after.

Thanking you.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Search function

Post by toxo »

Don't hold your breath, it's been suggested plenty of times before...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
michael

Post by michael »

If it was the kind of thing that could be done in the click of a button I'm sure it would be, it probably needs a fair bit of work behind the scenes.
carlos9999

Post by carlos9999 »

I can't think of a single reason why I'd want to search for posts that contain any of the words I'm after

dito... i cant even be bothered tryin to work the search function out.. :lol:
thought it was just me being a dumba$$... actually its probably a bit of both.. :lol:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

michael wrote:If it was the kind of thing that could be done in the click of a button I'm sure it would be, it probably needs a fair bit of work behind the scenes.

So when I posted that I (read no-one) could not reply to any post made by Claire of Elites in the affiliate section, and it took over a year to be resolved, in only a matter of hour of bumping the topic up.......Perhaps not huh :)
michael

Post by michael »

Slarty wrote:
michael wrote:If it was the kind of thing that could be done in the click of a button I'm sure it would be, it probably needs a fair bit of work behind the scenes.

So when I posted that I (read no-one) could not reply to any post made by Claire of Elites in the affiliate section, and it took over a year to be resolved, in only a matter of hour of bumping the topic up.......Perhaps not huh :)

Don't confuse things that are difficult / time-consuming with things that haven't been seen by the right person or forgotten about.

I would imagine the search thing can be done with a bit of a code change, relatively easy but probably lower on the list than some other things for the increasingly small team of people with the ability to access and make the necessary tweaks.

It's one extra click for you when you want to search, yes it would be nice to default to the other option but nobody is going to die if it's not done before we move to a newer version of the forum software.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”