Bout Time I Said Hi!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

taffytbar

Bout Time I Said Hi!

Post by taffytbar »

Hello All,

It's about time I introduced myself on here. My name's Russ and I'm South Wales Regional Rep for the MR2OC. I live in Swansea. I have been a member of the OC for almost 3 years now. I used to have a Mk1 back in the mid 90's and wanted an SW20 ever since. I bought my Mk2 in September 2006 in a rather sorry state and with a blown engine for £500. I got to work right away and fitted a nice low mileage engine, new radiator and battery. I removed the air con because the condenser rad was totally shot. Then I spent the best part of a week cleaning the paintwork up. Before the car was MOT'd and ready for the road, I fitted a K&N 57i induction kit and a Blue Flame Decat exhaust. I have since upgraded to rev3 brakes and CRN grooved discs. I upgraded to rev3 rear lights and centre panel too. Most recently I have fitted a set of 16" Work Equip wheels. Interior mods include a Razzo gearknob and a JDM 'D' shaped steering wheel. I also fitted yellow clocks with stainless steel bezels.
Future plans are a rev3 front splitter, colour coding the rear spats and dropping the car 40mm on some Koni adjustables.
I have been on plenty of local meets with the OC and attended JAE last year where I met some of you guys in the Mr2 village (Can't remember any names sorry). I was also at Japfest this year. Bad luck with the gazebo's aye :roll:
I am going to Japshow next weekend, so I look forward to meeting some of you if you are going up. Are any of you from the South Wales area, as I am looking into arranging a convoy up to Japshow next Saturday.
Sorry it's taken me so long to post this up, but I do spend most of my time on the OC :D

Here are a few pics of my car........

Hope you like :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Bout Time I Said Hi!

Post by Martin F »

It actually works very well, very nice... :thumleft:

welcome :wink:
jill00babe

Post by jill00babe »

welocme from me to russ :D xx
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

lookin good :thumleft: like the wheels :mrgreen:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Hi Russ, hello from IMOC!

Regarding the gazebo's at Japfest...i think we were fighting a losing battle with the wind from the start mate! Still the BBQ in the bush was a great success!

:lol:

Did you find the bit that you lost from your gazebo in the end?
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

alright dude :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”