IMOC Freecycle?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bender Unit

IMOC Freecycle?

Post by Bender Unit »

What about a IMOC FREECYCLE forum?

It’s a simple concept – we all have MR2 related tat clogging up our garages and sheds getting in the way. It’s not really worth anything to anyone but may help another member out of a spot or be of some use.

So rather than bin it, you give it away. For FREE!

The idea is simple …

List the bits you have to shift – photo’s always help

Everything listed has to be free – no money can change hands (unless it’s to cover postage)

No obligation to post – at the end of the day your giving it away, if they cant be bothered collecting it then tough.

To keep it relevant it should be kept to MR2 parts, or car related generic stuff (tools / garage equipment etc).

I have set this up on my AE86 forum and it’s worked really well, given a load of stuff away and also got some bits back in return.

I know I have a few Mr2 bits kicking around which I would like to pass onto someone who could use them.
sketch

Re: IMOC Freecycle?

Post by sketch »

I like this idea :thumleft:

Would be great for all the lil bits and bobs we tend to have lying about, stuff thats not worth flogging but as James has said is still useful to someone. 8)
nailmonkey

Re: IMOC Freecycle?

Post by nailmonkey »

You can put stuff in the 'For Sale' sections even if you are giving it away for free?

Also you might get some problems like the original Freecycle, people taking items and then just reselling them on ebay.

But if anyone wants an AW11 airbox with a nearly new filter for free, let me know (although I have tried giving it away on here before with no success).

Nik
Tiny turbo + standard exhaust + aircon = 346bhp/300ft/lbs @ the hubs!

Return to “Club News and Announcements”