COD Modern Warfare 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

COD Modern Warfare 2

Post by matt_mr2t »

I saw an ad for this in the pub the other night and nearly pi$$ed my pants.

Has to be the most realistic looking game I've seen :shock:
dansREV2turbo

Re: COD Modern Warfare 2

Post by dansREV2turbo »

err, well done? :?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

im guessing you'd had a bit to drink :lol: the graphics arent much better then modern warfare 1. but i agree it does look pretty damn good, there are several trailers on the net for it which include single player footage
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:im guessing you'd had a bit to drink :lol: the graphics arent much better then modern warfare 1. but i agree it does look pretty damn good, there are several trailers on the net for it which include single player footage

Actually I was on the diet coke!

Admittedly I was watching a smallish screen from a fair distance but it looked absolutely superb to me. At one point I wasnt sure if I was watching a game advert or one for the actual Army :shock:
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

It looks dam good can`t wait.

All ready got mine pre oredered rumour has it that their only making x amount of copies to keep demand high at xmas a real marketing piece but i don`t care £45 seem worth it, if it keeps me in on a saturday night them it`s saved me £30 in one night :mrgreen:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Its gona be absolutely amazing online!! COD4 is amazing and will be be even better! 8) :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

platmatt8 wrote:It looks dam good can`t wait.

All ready got mine pre oredered rumour has it that their only making x amount of copies to keep demand high at xmas a real marketing piece but i don`t care £45 seem worth it, if it keeps me in on a saturday night them it`s saved me £30 in one night :mrgreen:

unlimited amount of copies on the internet :thumleft: lol
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Their only making about 8millions copies so not enough to go round :? :? can`t find the original artical where i 1st read it but it`s the old senario of short supply keeps prices high. BASTARDS!!!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

news groups
:thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Well if the first Modern Warfare one is anything to go by it'll only keep you in one night on single player ](*,)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

They'll make as many as they possibly can to sell as many as they can. No games company has ever deliberately shortened the supply of their games as that's commercial suicide when a game is only ever going to be sold for a maximum of £45 in the regular outfits. Wherever that rumour came from, it's a complete load of horsesh*t, especially as they haven't even finished the game yet, much less decided how many copies to make.

The only people who would really earn out of a short supply/high price scenario would be the shops anyway, as they'd simply chuck on a higher percentage for themselves. The game will cost them the same regardless of supply, hence Activision/Infinity Ward would still be making the same profit per SKU.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

matt_mr2t wrote:

Well if the first Modern Warfare one is anything to go by it'll only keep you in one night on single player ](*,)

Obviously you didnt set it to the hardest setting then :wink: :thumleft:

Cant wait but I think making limited copies is just some crap someone has made up. Its released in November so is a good 2 months before xmas if I cant get hold of a copy on or around release date I will just start playing something else :lol: :lol: Plus they will want to try and beat some sort of release date sales record (I would).

But I think Games price of £44.99 is a rip off, Im not pre ordering it as Im guessing Asda / Tesco / Morrisons will try and have a price war ;) Eg World at War, Asda sold that for £27 on Release day!!
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

ekona wrote:They'll make as many as they possibly can to sell as many as they can. No games company has ever deliberately shortened the supply of their games as that's commercial suicide when a game is only ever going to be sold for a maximum of £45 in the regular outfits. Wherever that rumour came from, it's a complete load of horsesh*t, especially as they haven't even finished the game yet, much less decided how many copies to make.

The only people who would really earn out of a short supply/high price scenario would be the shops anyway, as they'd simply chuck on a higher percentage for themselves. The game will cost them the same regardless of supply, hence Activision/Infinity Ward would still be making the same profit per SKU.

Anywho all i know for defo is that in getting my copy.

ROCK n ROCK BABY!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

H3RB

Post by H3RB »

all the above images are cod 4
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Err, I have COD 4 (modern warfare 1) and have no recollection of it looking any where near as good as that.
Nor any of it set in Rio De Janeiro?

All those pics are tagged online as modern warfare 2

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14281102.html
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

the first 3 images are all from cod 4 i can garentee, number and 3 are from the multiplayer map called BOG and the first one is also a multiplayer map although i forgot the names, they are just renders of the game u can see the blur on them is immense

just to add, you also play the first 3 pic levels in single player, the bog is where you have to protect the tank while its being repaired and the first pic is just after the bog u go through the gates on the left into the streets.
the only pic on there POSSIBLY from mw2 is the last one
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

These are from MWF 2

Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think they came from the same website I got the ones I posted from Sam :thumleft:
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

It will be good , but it will be pretty much the same as cod 4 but a bit more tweaked . it would be a risk if they tried to change it and try to make it better . if it's not broke dont try to fix it or however the saying goes

Return to “Games Consoles”