Photoshop request please (matt/satin black) But check out the pic attached!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

Photoshop request please (matt/satin black) But check out the pic attached!!!

Post by 2barGee »

This colour on both of mine if possible please.

And yes i am actually thinking about it, i think it might look good with the kit i have on my car!!!!!

Saw an evo x the other day in matt black with back wheels and it looked mint!!!!!
Last edited by 2barGee on Wed May 27, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-O 2007

Re: Photoshop request please (matt/satin black) But check out the pic attached!!!

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

just wondering, How do you polish a Matt black car? :lol: :lol:
2barGee

Re: Photoshop request please (matt/satin black) But check out the pic attached!!!

Post by 2barGee »

With stones!!!! Dont you know anything!!! :lol:
Sub_Culture

Post by Sub_Culture »

Without wishing to sound pedantic, do you want matt black or satin black, as there is a subtle difference. The Rari looks more satin black to me?

Andy
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Agreed... satin.

R.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Satin is slightly more shiny i take it???
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

To get a finish as good as the one on the Ferrari expect to pay as much, if not more than what you would for conventional respray.

You wont be able to get the same results as that Ferrari without alot of work, and professional spraying equipement.

The Ferrari also looks like its got flat paint, rather than matt black.

There is a massive difference in look and finish.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Hi mate hows it going?? Hows the motor???

You got to admit the ferrari looks sweet as though!!!
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Oh totally, I looked at doing flat paint on the 86, still might if I can save enough for a compressor. Matt black though dosnt look anywhere near as good IMHO.

They have been doing flat paint in the VW & Hor Rod circles for a long time now - a google search should turn up some cool pictures.

What about a 2 tone paint job, Nato green bottom half, black for the roof line, and black wheels all in flat paint. That would look hard!

Do a few google searches the flat colours in something other than black look freeeking awesome!
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Matt black is really hard to do as an edit colour change but I had a go mate.

Be interested to see if anyone else can do it...And how!
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

Dan dude that will look ard mate :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

GHOST wrote:Matt black is really hard to do as an edit colour change but I had a go mate.

That looks somewhat like a stealth fighter plane - you can just imagine someone switching off their lights to pass someone down some dark country lane... it'd probably give the poor soul you were overtaking a heart attack :lol:

Dan - how much lowered are you? Love how your car sits but do you clear speed bumps and car park ramps ok like that? :mrgreen:
Stretchermunkey

Vinyl Wrap

Post by Stretchermunkey »

Have you concidered having the car wrapped in vinyl, costs about £800 for a decent job, will last 3-5 years and if done properly will look perfect.
Also protects the paintwork and is easily removed if you get bored.

Could'nt find a mr2 but this porker looks nice

2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Kongaroo wrote:
GHOST wrote:Matt black is really hard to do as an edit colour change but I had a go mate.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss35 ... tblack.jpg

That looks somewhat like a stealth fighter plane - you can just imagine someone switching off their lights to pass someone down some dark country lane... it'd probably give the poor soul you were overtaking a heart attack :lol:

Dan - how much lowered are you? Love how your car sits but do you clear speed bumps and car park ramps ok like that? :mrgreen:

The front bumper catches on everything mate!! If you have a look at the first pic you will see a crack in the front bumper ](*,) I've got it off at the moment and doing some work on it as i love the look.
At the moment i've got a rev1 bumper on and i can get over eveything fine!!!

The bomex sits really low anyway, but my car is dropped with adjustable coilovers.

GHOST good work on the pic bud, it looks good with the carbon!!! :twisted:
Nickstapleton

Post by Nickstapleton »

I have painted my Grey MR a sort of half and half, top half original grey bottom satin black, I wasnt sure at first but now I love it, I know the lines are not exactly spot on ie I only painted th body kit and below the trim but I still think it gets the desired effect. As ive done it with satin you can find satin paint anywhere for doing those little spots on the bumper etc, satin is awsome as a cover up, saves a lot on the old pennies.

GHOST

Re: Vinyl Wrap

Post by GHOST »

Stretchermunkey wrote:Have you concidered having the car wrapped in vinyl, costs about £800 for a decent job, will last 3-5 years and if done properly will look perfect.
Also protects the paintwork and is easily removed if you get bored.

Could'nt find a mr2 but this porker looks nice

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z36/ ... 020810.jpg

What a great idea. I think if I spent 40 plus grand on a motor I'd do that to keep it from getting scratched (but there again, if you had 40 grand to spend on a car you probably wouldn't care!).

Whats the deal with vinyl? At £800 you'd want it to last at least 3 years. And what happens if it gets nicked by a stone? And what happens when you take it off - it doesn't take the paint off too does it?
Stretchermunkey

Wrap

Hi
you wont damage the paintwork when you remove the wrap, as for stone chips, you would have to replace the wrap on the affected panel if it was bad.
It costs about as much as a basic blowover and will look better probably, but is a good idea if you are going for a drastic colour change like matt black, much cheaper to put back to normal when you come to sell or get bored :D
Stretchermunkey

wrap

couple more pics,

:shock:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Looks a lot better than I thought it would - not bad at all :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”