[Mk2] [Turbo] remapping a rev 1 turbo

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lee.w

[Mk2] [Turbo] remapping a rev 1 turbo

Post by lee.w »

anyone got an idea how much power you can get with remapping a rev 1 turbo , I know there not the best for tuning but all I can think of is a remap and a turbo back system is that pretty much the best power mods you can do for this early model without changing internals. :-k , any help

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] remapping a rev 1 turbo

Post by Martin F »

lee.w wrote:anyone got an idea how much power you can get with remapping a rev 1 turbo , I know there not the best for tuning but all I can think of is a remap and a turbo back system is that pretty much the best power mods you can do for this early model without changing internals. :-k , any help

what ecu are you planning to remap ?

best just getting a fuel cut defender, upping the boost to 15psi, decat and exhaust, air filter and possibly a bigger intercooler, a new ecu and remap just isn't worth it with a ct-26 turbo :thumleft:
Mr_Two

Post by Mr_Two »

That's interesting as I was about to get mine re-mapped but if this is true I won't bother till i get a bigger blower.

What's the cheapest but decent turbo upgrade for a rev1/2 then?
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Mr_Two wrote:That's interesting as I was about to get mine re-mapped but if this is true I won't bother till i get a bigger blower.
You'll need different engine management...

Mr_Two wrote:What's the cheapest but decent turbo upgrade for a rev1/2 then?
A CT20 will be your best bet..

All this talk of re-mapping in this thread and others.. :roll: I'm not sure if people actually know what this means...
Mr_Two

Post by Mr_Two »

Trust me I know quite a fair old bit about mapping and have a chap who's very good plus I work at a rolling road workshop.

I'd probably go for an Apexi Power FC and get Steve @ FC Tuning (a good mate of mine) to live map it and tidy it all up on the rollers I work at.

Link to FC Tuning - http://fctuning.com/FCTUNING/_.html

Return to “Modifications”