SW20 Big Brake Adapter Kit Group Buy - No. 2

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

Re: SW20 Big Brake Adapter Kit Group Buy - No. 2

Post by cantfindausername »

The 16's I tried wouldn't fit, so 17's are recommended.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Xmun7

Post by Xmun7 »

Is the Kit still available for a full kit? what is the price and would you be willing to deliver to Malta?

Also what is meant by 'The Rear Caliper Mounting points require modifying to fit the Adapters.' What is the extent of this modification?

So the discs required would be fr supra discs and for the rears the front discs of an Rx8 and the calipers would remain the standard Rev3 Turbo ones?
cantfindausername

Yes thats correct. I still haven't managed to get to the machine shop so adding your name to the list should help with numbers.

Postage would be around an extra £15 odd.

Once I've found out if I can get more front adapters made up I'll work out the total costs. It should be around the same price as before, but I will confirm when I can.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Ant, some of the pics in your earlier threads about these aren't working anymore, I guess you did some website housekeeping or something. Don't think the pic showing the hub modification is there anymore!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
cantfindausername

Thanks for letting me know mate, I will get them uploaded to the new host and repost.

Thanks again! :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
cantfindausername

Xmun7 wrote:Is the Kit still available for a full kit? what is the price and would you be willing to deliver to Malta?

Also what is meant by 'The Rear Caliper Mounting points require modifying to fit the Adapters.' What is the extent of this modification?

So the discs required would be fr supra discs and for the rears the front discs of an Rx8 and the calipers would remain the standard Rev3 Turbo ones?

Sorry I forgot to actually comment on the rear modifications. There is a small amount of material that needs to be removed from the rear hub, takes about 2 seconds with a grinder, 10 seconds with a dremmel, or 2 minutes with a metal file. Really is just touching up the casting marks more than anything. Certainly nothing structural.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
way2fast

Post by way2fast »

still thinking about doing another run of the adapters, i'd be in for a set for sure, my stock brakes suck too much
cantfindausername

Yeah I've sent an enquiry to the machine shop but not had a reply. Figured with xmas etc that I wouldn't get anything back then. Will chase up this week as I should have a couple of free lunch breaks.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
way2fast

Post by way2fast »

sweet!!! i need to keep an eye on things here more, i cant believe i missed 2 of these group buys already. thanks for getting another one going
cantfindausername

I've been incredibly slack with getting this last one off the ground due to other commitments and also numbers goign up and down.

Hopefully got enough now to get this going properly though now. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”