For Sale section - new structure

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DavidM

Re: For Sale section - new structure

Post by DavidM »

Preferred it the way it was.

If it ain't broke and all......

Just like "Guru Corner", it confuses the site by giving you too many options

Just my 2p's worth
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

In all honesty I also think it is more difficult to navigate, but I appreciate the effort.

What about

MK1
MK2 wheels
MK2 bodyparts
MK2 engine parts
MK3

Although I'd also be a fan of MK1/MK2/MK3.
?
T
larry93

Post by larry93 »

tbh i actually like it as it saves you trailing through lots of for sale ads .
its like everything else thats new everyone will get used to it .
is there any way finalized items could be seperated from the actual adverts ? these are good for referance but old posts .
well done in all your hard work involved in it scott and john :clap:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

tonigmr2 wrote:In all honesty I also think it is more difficult to navigate, but I appreciate the effort.

What about

MK1
MK2 wheels
MK2 bodyparts
MK2 engine parts
MK3

Although I'd also be a fan of MK1/MK2/MK3.
?
T

I'm liking that as we know a lot of mk2 parts swap over between turbo / n/a import or whatever.

I think it's going to be difficult to get something that works for all but having import / UK splits is going to mean two sections to look for a bonnet / bootlid etc. The OEM / aftermarket I think is good split too.

How about using generic / turbo / n-a that used to be in the mk2 section for creating new posts- then you'd know the parts belonged to a specific version or not?

Not easy to please everyone for sure, appreciate the fact the mods / coders are keeping the place running though :thumleft:
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Thanks again for all the comments :thumleft:

I've tidied up the headings slightly so that it's a bit less 'wordy' and should be easier to understand and should fit on the screen slightly better if browsing on a phone.

We'll run with how it is for a bit - keep the info coming as to whether it's working or not and we'll decide the best way forward in a week or so.

The Mk1/2/3 distinction will certainly be staying, it's just how we structure the Mk2 subforums that needs thinking about.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

Still very not right, sorry.

There is no need to seperate between N/A, OEM, import, turbo etc.

You have not done that with MK1 parts nor Mk3, so why with Mk2 parts?

My reasoning for this is: for example I have a set of brake disc (aftermarket) and calipers (OEM) that I removed from a Rev 2 N/A import.

I know they will fit all the cars N/A, import, OEM and turbo.

Which section do i sell them in?

I personally will put them in all sections and probably have them removed co`s its against the rules but then I have reached every possible buyer that way.

They may also be a situation were some parts will fit maybe 2 of the 3 you have put on there, very confusing for a seller or buyer.

Some people are not aware that certain parts will fit all revision and models of the MK2 so I could potential miss out on a sale or buying something by picking onlky one section.

It should just be MK1 , MK2 and MK3.

Simple to understand and to sell/find items, it will also help potential buyers and sellers with increased viewings.
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

It is better than it was, but still a pain in the ass having to trawl through the several sub-forums.

As a compromise, i think separate sections for Mk1, 2 and 3 would be an excellent idea :clap:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Just have it MK1/2/3 and be done with it, as it's way too fussy as it is now.
uglee

Post by uglee »

I'm not really getting on with this setup,

I'm looking for a Mk2 door, it should be in OEM bodywork, but it could quite easily put in any one of 3 forums as it stands, so find myself checking the other forums to see if the part I need has been listed under a slightly incorrect forum.

I buy a lot of things from here, and if things dropped off the 1st page, I didn't have much of a problem pressing on the little 2 in the right hand corner to view these items :)

Please don't make it like the oc where there is a forum/subforum for every little category. It just makes the forum a mess, reduces the amount of people who see your post and make the forum seem less active than it actually is.

If I can give any suggestion to cut down the size of the Mk2 forum, is to have:

Mk1,
Mk2 OEM parts,
MK2 Aftermarket parts,
Mk3.

Be difficult to get it in the wrong forum then?

Hope this helps.
Lee
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

hmm, the new way is a bit pointless.

there was nothing wrong with the way it was.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

man there are parts all over the place. I've seen ST205 calipers in mk2 OEM parts. Are they fook std OEM for a mr2 of any version. Pants pants pants. Bring the old system back or create mk1, mk2, mk3
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

allan welsh wrote:man there are parts all over the place. I've seen ST205 calipers in mk2 OEM parts. Are they fook std OEM for a mr2 of any version. Pants pants pants. Bring the old system back or create mk1, mk2, mk3

stopped looking in there since it was changed, it gives me headaches!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I can't even post in there, apparently don't have special access!!
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

I should have sorted that access now Toni - sorry about that!

I think the consensus is that this change in the forums hasn't worked for the best for the majority of users. Apologies to those who have been inconvenienced by this.

I think the best compromise is to do as has been suggested and just separate them into Mk1/2/3 sections and I'll sort that out this weekend. It may take a little time to get all the posts moved back so bear with us for a bit.

Thanks for the input everyone - it's been very useful. :thumleft:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

well no one can say you didn't try something new :D . Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
brgbrm

Post by brgbrm »

Hi, can I just say I thought the for sale section was a lot easier to use as it was.

Marc
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

oh good stuff that its changing to something a bit easier \:D/
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Old for sale section was definately better. I don't have any problem with keeping mk1,2,3 separate but it's irritating having so many subsections for mk2 stuff.

Have to say the older forum style was easier to surf too but I can understand why you wanted to make the mk3 section stand out more - not that it really stimulates more posts in that area however.

Please don't go and make the IMOC forums as hard to navigate as the MR2oc.co.uk website :lol:
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Kongaroo wrote:Old for sale section was definately better. I don't have any problem with keeping mk1,2,3 separate but it's irritating having so many subsections for mk2 stuff.

Have to say the older forum style was easier to surf too but I can understand why you wanted to make the mk3 section stand out more - not that it really stimulates more posts in that area however.

Please don't go and make the IMOC forums as hard to navigate as the MR2oc.co.uk website :lol:

With regards the Mk1/Mk2/Mk3 separation in the main forums, it was the best way to go after the MR2 Mk1 Club went their own way.

We have a forum full of really good posts and information specific to the Mk1 that used to be their club forum. Rather than lump all that in with the other forums, we decided to make the main forums (General, Mechanical etc.) into Mk2 specific forums (which they mostly were anyway) and create a Mk3 forum to support those members also.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

I love the new setup guys :thumleft:
We all know what its like looking for that thread and having to search high and low for it.
Def alot easier, bodyparts seperate etc etc

Trouble is people dont like change, the other way was a little old fashioned for me, and a breath of fresh air i think will do this all good.
Once everyone has had a few weeks i think they will come round :wink: :thumleft:

From me thumbs up :thumleft:

Return to “Club News and Announcements”