[Mk2] [Turbo] lsd

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

turbloide2

[Mk2] [Turbo] lsd

Post by turbloide2 »

Hi all im just wondering how to check to see if my mr2 is running a lsd ???

cheers
mr2 import

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] lsd

Post by mr2 import »

jack up the back of the car and spin 1 wheel by hand and if the wheel on the other side spins the opposite way you dont have a lsd but if they both turn in the same direction you most likely do :thumleft:
just started my own welding business! fingers crossed it works out :pray:
Phill P

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] lsd

Post by Phill P »

Have a look in your frunk,the vin plate will show a gearbox code,give me 2 mins and I will find it.

Found it,just copied and pasted it.

Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

For models produced intended for the US, from the model revision in late 1992 onwards a limited slip differential was standard for all Turbos - previously in the 90-92 model years it was an option. It is not known if a LSD was also standard for Japanese Turbos from '92 onwards, although its appears to also be the case.

To verify if your car has a LSD, check the vehicle identification plate on the inside of front bonnet. There are a number of codes given there, including the transmission type, whose code starts with the sequence "A/TM"

For example, A/TM:- 735/E153

If the last digit before the /E153 is a '3' or a '5' then the car has a LSD - therefore in the example above it does.

The second part of the code is the transmission type- E153 is a heavy duty manual transmission for the Turbo.

P

Return to “Mechanical”