My Top Spec MacBook Pro cant play Unreal Tournament!!!

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azz

My Top Spec MacBook Pro cant play Unreal Tournament!!!

Post by Azz »

Its running up to and over 1900fps!!! :shock:

1920x1200 using setres
everything set to full
16 Bots

UT cant keep up and is totally unplayable, its running at 5 times the speed, Its the only game I wanted to play!!!

Anyone had this issue and managed to sort it out?

Please help :(
H3RB

Re: My Top Spec MacBook Pro cant play Unreal Tournament!!!

Post by H3RB »

yeah its pretty easy to fix to be honest :thumleft: by a pc :lol: :lol:
Azz

Post by Azz »

Funny, But thats running Windows!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Azz wrote:Funny, But thats running Windows!

exactly thats what i dont get... u buy a mac to run windows? why not just by a pc.
sorry, just hated macs every since i did graphic design at college...
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

It's a common fault and nothing to do with your macbook, Cap your framerates, Disable speedstepping or maybe look on google for a fix???

Incidentily have you got it running crysis yet? Cos you said it would run it maxxed very easily
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mikee66 wrote:It's a common fault and nothing to do with your macbook, Cap your framerates, Disable speedstepping or maybe look on google for a fix???

Incidentily have you got it running crysis yet? Cos you said it would run it maxxed very easily

cyrsis takes so much to run at full i doubt any laptop could handle it!
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Even the best PC's cant run crysis, it hates dual graphics and is very poorly written.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Buy a games console instead. You dont have to xxxx around with settings and you know if the game will work or not just by the logo on the box.

Apple suck btw.
Azz

Post by Azz »

H3RB: I have a 32GB Windows XP Partition to just run Windows only games such as Half-Life-2, Crysis, Unreal Tournament and GOW Editor etc etc, that’s the only reason for it. Cyrsis is cheap now so gunna get that and see what happens, if I get 30fps ill consider that a pass, any less and its going in the bin.

I also have VMware Fusion which can point to the Bootcamp partition and run XP in Mac OSX, and I also have SuSe Linux, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Virtualised as I am doing training at work and I need to know all the O/S's inside and out and this is perfect for me.

Trust me I don’t like using Windows and its only out of necessity I am doing it.

Mikee66: Done that, and its still running at 1900+fps, Gunna have a look again tonight as there has to be a way round it.

matt_mr2t: If you have nothing productive to say, please don’t. unless you can do better than Apple with your own product then I will listen to what you have to say. I have had my Mac for a couple of weeks and I have had nothing but perfect working from it, my RX560 printer which took me 20 minutes to install the crap that came with it in windows, took less than 1 second on my Mac and I had it scanning and printing in less than 1 minute, no more crashes, is fast, looks better than ANY windows laptop I have seen (even a Dell fanboy at work was very impressed when I took it in for the Mac team to put some stuff on for me). All I ever see from you is negativity, are you incapable of being happy for someone. There expensive, maybe a little to much for what they are but they defiantly don’t "Suck"
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Dude, lighten up.
Azz

Post by Azz »

I Cant! :roll:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Image

:lol: :clap:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

apple do suck lol, they are just as bad as ms and windows but hey atleast u can uprgrade your pc. now your stuck with a laptop that will be outdated in a few months, awsome :thumleft:
Azz

Post by Azz »

Why do you think I had it maxed right out, with 2x 2.93Ghz Cores, 8GB Ram, fastest and biggest HDD, with 512MB Graphics is going to last a little longer than you would give it credit. I don’t plan on replacing this for the next 5 to 6 years.

Yes it will last 6 years as my old Powerbook would be 5 years old if I still had it, that had 1.3Ghz Power PC processor, 160GB Drive, 2GB Ram, and 128MB Graphics which would still play UT2K4 at full whack and would still play games today with no issues (maybe not at top settings but it would still be a more than capable unit and it still looked better than anything you can get today)

Everything goes EOL at some point, If I wanted it to last any longer I would buy a Mac Pro
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

un1eash wrote:Even the best PC's cant run crysis, it hates dual graphics and is very poorly written.

I did tell him that but he said he's seen it running with all the settings 85% of the way up out on his friends at work!!

Well the new 17" MacBook Pro was revealed on Tuesday and they have upped the spec quite a bit, one of the lads on the Mac team at work has a 15"er with Crysis on, and after I told him about the banter on here about how it wont run any good on the MacBook Pro with Boot Camp blah blah blah, he popped over to my desk and put it on for me, Well boys and Girls it does run and very nicly to.

It wont run on full but it was still stunning to look at, about 85% of the way up on the settings scale, and mine is a lot more powerful than his so mine should fair better but i know its not going to run full on the native resolution,

Hi had the 2.53Ghz and 4GB of Ram version in 15"

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Azz wrote:Why do you think I had it maxed right out, with 2x 2.93Ghz Cores, 8GB Ram, fastest and biggest HDD, with 512MB Graphics is going to last a little longer than you would give it credit. I don’t plan on replacing this for the next 5 to 6 years.

Azz just so you know dual core cpu's are common place in the most basic laptops now and nothing really to scream about in fact quad cores are common now

The graphics card in your laptop is also nothing to scream about tbh and just because it's 512Mb doesn't mean it's a beast.

It's a good enough laptop for people that need macs but when you are talking about gaming then a windows based laptop that's the same price as what you paid will leave the mac standing in terms of benching.

Also i'm confused why in nearly every single post you make on here you always have to say "my top of the range" or "highest spec" and thats not just about your laptop it's about pretty much every post you make!

I've also called bull$h1t on you a couple of times and you've never backed up any of your claims so maybe you can take this chance to answer the questions in the following thread??

btw just on a side note i'm mega surprised that someone who looks after 600 pc systems for a living can't figure out how to work torrents!!! My mum who is mid 50's can use them!

My Scottish grannie would have called you a "blawbag"

:D
Last edited by mikee66 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mikee66 wrote:

i always thought it was "bawbag" on another note my gfs 7 year old daughter downloaded some popcap arcade games off of u torrent the other night, ive never showed her how to use it :? :?
also torrents suck, newsgroups are farrrrrrrrr better!
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

H3RB wrote:
mikee66 wrote:

i always thought it was "bawbag" on another note my gfs 7 year old daughter downloaded some popcap arcade games off of u torrent the other night, ive never showed her how to use it :? :?
also torrents suck, newsgroups are farrrrrrrrr better!

2 different sayings mate my granny would never have said "bawbag"

Torrents do suck, i use newsgroups too!
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

Which UT are you trying to run?

Try....

Tilde (~) to bring up the console
Type 'preferences'
Rendering->your 3d api (OpenGL, DX)
DisableVsync to True

Should limit the FPS to your screens refresh rate :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”