Opinions?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Opinions?

Post by HighwayStar »

Just thought I'd say hello and come over from the mk2 dimension for a mo. Just popped a pic of the g/fs mk 3 in my garage, last pic (obviously). I confess the front sits about 2mtrs below where it actually sits thanks to the wonders of photoshop but what do you think? Trying to talk her into lowering and a twin exit (for the car I mean...) I painted the calipers (thx to the axle stands of skywalker... cheers mate) for her birthday. Rides like a mattress compared to mine though I know which I prefer to drive in any sort of haste.
2005 car, Red edition. Nice red leather seats and wheel inside. I like the 15/16 wheel combo, subtle but nonetheless effective.

R.
steve b

Re: Opinions?

Post by steve b »

Only see your car and an unpleasant looking V reg mk2?
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

steve b wrote:Only see your car and a V reg mk2?

me too, no mk3 :?
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

Agreed.

Rev 5 alloys and rear spoiler are just wrong.

Rev 3 & 4 is best!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Sorry about that chaps, replaced it with a photoshop I did for Oddshoes new sonic shadow and forgot to change it back. Done now though so feel free to have a gander a let me know...

R.
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

It's not doing it for me.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

And I thought you were a man of taste...
I think it's kinda pretty and it is a girls car after all. Miches I mean.
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

As Mk3s go it is quite nice, but I would like to have a word with whoever came up with the design as a replacement for the Mk2.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Needs a rear spoiler IMO. Nothing huge, just something to seperate the back fro the front.
Ben

Post by Ben »

So have you photoshopped that to look lower? How high do they normally sit?!
I agree with Matt though, a subtle spoiler would look good. Also, I really dislike the MK3 wheels (sorry any MK1 owners who have them...), they look too weedy for my liking.

So yeah... lowered, subtle spoiler and some slightly more aggressive wheels and it'll look cracking :thumleft: :D
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Yeah that image has been photoshopped. I guess the front sits about an inch higher in reality than I have it in the pic though it appears on some older cars I've seen that the front springs do sag a bit in time (unless of course the cars I've noticed this on have themselves been lowered).
Not sure about the spoiler... there are some nice ones about but also a few that look hideous... Miche isn't to fussed about one and neither am I. I'd probably prefer roll over hoops instead from a cosmetic point of view. Wheels I like, well I like the diameter stagger of 15s/16s (I'd like that sizing on my mk2) though of course you could go up a size all round.
Biggest thing cosmetically is a twin exhaust (and better sound to go with it) and then get the front lower.... I'm working on her (and by that I mean Miche rather than the car!)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

raise the rear , add a nice spoiler and some new wheels,just my 2p, :wink: looks nice enough though :thumleft:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hmm, not sure about raising the rear. I think the way it sits in that photo looks very good - if you can get it like that in real life it'll sit very well.
Off the top of my head I can't think what a MK3 exhaust looks like... a decent twin-exit should look good as a general rule though.

I still think the wheels are too spindly though :wink: Perhaps some nice JDM-style ones would look good :-k
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”