G-Limited and GTS

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

twotoneaw11

G-Limited and GTS

Post by twotoneaw11 »

I hear those facelift SW20 G-Limited's throw about 197 odd HP right? what would on of these be like againts a GTS turbo?

Is the G-Limited worth having? what would one be like next to a Prelude 2.2 Vtec from 80mph upwards?
JJ

Re: G-Limited and GTS

Post by JJ »

I think your refering to the very late Beams engine models They have the 2.0 litre VVT engines in them ... around about 1998 + only on an import.

They peak 200 odd bhp but don't have the torque of a turbo engine due tot he GT/GTS's having forced induction.

How does it fair against a prelude 2.2 VTEC ?? The Vtecs a quick car, but the hondas do have some weight in them with their bolt on electronics and toys. All alloy block means weight saving on the mechanics, but the car is heavy.

Mk2 MR2's... cast iron block, some decent mechanical weight there, but also chassis weight associated to the mk2.

Generally a match for each other I reckon.
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
ENSMR2

Re: G-Limited and GTS

Post by ENSMR2 »

I've raced a few non turbo 2's in my prelude. from 80mph teh Lude will walk away with the win. Not sure about the beams engined model though, may be a pretty good match up. But then I'd just flick the nitrous switch 8)

I'm not saying that just because Im selling my Prelude 2.2 VTi R reg either :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”