[FINALIZED] Mk1b T-Bar Mica Blue with Konis, springs, OZ's and much more

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gersen

Mk1b T-Bar Mica Blue with Konis, springs, OZ's and much more

Post by Gersen »

Hi all (again)

My new motor arrived last Thursday and my Mk2 Turbo was sold last week and in order to continue to remain married the Mk1 must leave the flock!

My usual no trollers, splitsees seekers etc policy applies here :)

Pics and history below. Feel free to ask questions.

I've had her for 2 years now and bought her from an IMOCer who'd owned for the 2 years (edit : was 5 years apparently but registered to his wife then him I think - previous owner was cggrilli) prior to that. I bought her for my wife but it wasn't really her cup of tea (too low to get into apparently) so she became my third car.

The previous owner had repaired all the arches and sills and had her resprayed.

Engine
Stainless steel exhaust (not a noisy one – mostly for the longevity!)
Ramair freeflow air filter
Supercharger exhaust manifold
Magnecor Ignition Leads

Bodywork
Standard with aerial mounted on boot instead of wing
Arches (using Nissan N12 Pulsar items), sills and pillars all replaced, resprayed and waxoyled

Suspension
Koni Adjustable Dampers all round
Fensport -10mm +10% custom wound springs
TRD top mounts all round
All suspension bushes replaced (with poly bushes)

Wheels
OZ Supertourismo GT’s
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 all round – virtually new (22/9/08 only 420 miles ago!)

Brakes
Goodridge braided hosing all round
Black diamond front discs and EBC Kevlar Pads
New rear discs and EBR Fast Road Pads
ALL calipers rebuilt and refurbished with new seals October 2008
New handbrake cables

Interior
Mk2 Turbo Leather & Alcantara Seats
Mk1 Leather door cards
Rhons Leather Gear Gator
New Momo "Race" Steering Wheel and Boss
JVC MP3/CD Head Unit

Other
TRD quickshifter
Throttle cable plate (rearranges linkage for less friction in the pedal)
New heavy duty battery 21/12/08
New Alternator
New dizzy cap and arm 12/12/08
New spark plus 11/12/08
Oil, oil filter and coolant 11/12/08
New front and rear Euro symbol number plates

MOT until 11th November 2009

£1195 No offers
Last edited by Gersen on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Why thank you - I grew it myself you know
Gersen

Re: [FINALIZED] Mk1b T-Bar Mica Blue with Konis, springs, OZ's and much more

Post by Gersen »

Reserved for additional pics and whatnot :)

edit 1 : correction to springs - they are -10mm +10% not -25mm +25%
edit 2 : added that there's Goodridge Stainless Steel braided brake lines all round
edit 3 : Brand new number plates (with Euro symbol for front and rear - front not on yet but will come with car)
edit 4 : Stereo moved to "interior" from "brakes" - whoops :)
edit 5 : previous owner was cggrilli and owned the car for 5 years before me
edit 6 : added more photos
edit 7 : changed "As I said before there are running issues with the car be they mechanical or electrical" to "As I said before there are NO running issues with the car be they mechanical or electrical" whoops!
edit 8 : Updated with "No offers" - sorry thought it was already in there!

Issues and more pics as requested

Paint Chip on right rear arch

Lifting of paint where aerial hole was filled - note this hasnt got any worse in 2 years - it just looks annoying

Boot

Better shots of interior

Frunk - el moron here topped it up before replacing pads - pushed pistons back and the fluid overflowed :roll: Metal work is good though

Front valance is scuffed at the bottom

Wiper arms have surface rust and paint flaked off

There's a rusty bit on the rear valance I mentioned earlier is being fixed by a friend of mine who owes me a favour and is (conveniently for me) a body work repairer :)

As I said before there are no running issues with the car be they mechanical or electrical.

The only niggle I can think of is that on full lock the front left wheel chaffes the plastic inner arch as when I replaced a side repeater bulb I didn't put it back on quite right - this will be corrected anyway!

Hope the pics are of use.

cheers

Tom
Last edited by Gersen on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Another top quality example for sale from the stable of Gersen. It's as honest as it looks in the pictures, rides perfectly, stops and turns, everything works fine. We just gave car the once over today and took the roof out to take the pictures, and realised just how much motoring this is for the summer, for that money!!!

Awesome car for someone. Engine runs and pulls perfectly with absolutely no smoking at all (not that they normally do!)

Happy buying...

Luthor
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Cheers dude - appreciated the help today!

Forgot to mention that Luthor and I cleaned up the throttle body and plenum today (bless brake cleaner) and she runs like a peach. Also reset the alternator belt tension as it squeaked on start up on damp mornings.

Also forgot to mention that I have my previous Mk1b in the garden still being broken for parts and the new owner can help themselves to spare headlights, bonnets, sills etc etc.

cheers
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

the car looks great! I was about to go for a mk1 MX-5 as a summer run about but then saw this one. Could you answer a few questions for me?
Obviously the rear arches have been done, but what rust is there anywhere else on the car? Is that a big paint chip on the rear right arch, or just a reflection? Any more photos available (boot, frunk, more interior). Any leaks from the roof? Do you have the mk1 seats available for it still? How many miles on it? When were the clutch and cam belt last changed? Any gearbox issues?
cheers
Michael

(ps - where in the country are you?)
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Good questions :)

I am in sunny Southampton - aim for the Isle of Wight and stop when your feet are wet and back it up a bit :)

There is a stone chip on the right rear arch.

I shall take some more photos of the boot, frunk and interior.

No leaks from the roof at all - she has new tbar seals and eccentric locating inserts for the t-bar dowels - forgot to add that.

No gearbox problems at all.

I believe I still have a set of original seats in good nick. I have the full black interior ready to go in but never quite got around to doing it.

Clutch is fine and I believe the previous owner replaced it not too long before I got it.

I'll have to check on the cam belt when I get home but I think I did it about 10k miles ago.

Will check this all from home ;)

cheers

Tom
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

thanks for the quick reply Tom.
What was the mileage? Do you have the Tbar shades?
Was there any rust on the car? If so, could you describe it, or even better, post up a pic?
Its difficult to tell on the photo, but am I right in thinking the door cards are black, while the dash and centre console are blue? Can I assume that you would be able to swap the seats back to mk1 spec and change the interior for black (after a deposit was left with you of course).
What faults are there on the car (dents, rattles/knocks, rust, elctrical problems etc etc). Please be brutally honest - its soooo disappointing to go and see a car thats not as accurately described as it could be.
I've already taken a deposit on my car but the balance and collection won't be until the end of this month. Would a deposit hold your car for me until then?
cheers
Michael
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

I'll check when I get home! :)

There are NO mechanical or electrical problems. The only issue she had (past tense) was that she was idling a little on the lumpy side which we fixed yesterday by cleaning the throttle butterfly and plenum.

In short the body work is very sound and she has been well cared for but she isn't perfect (she's 23 years old now!). There's a scuff on one of the headlight nacelles where some drunken cockwit stood on the car one night and the nearside rear light cluster has a crack in where it was booted by the same scrofulus cocksmoker.

Come to think of it I have spare light clusters so that can be replaced....duh...I have a whole spare mk1 sitting in the back garden.

Where the arches and sills have been replaced I would class the workmanship as very good but not to a professional standard. Frankly I'm a fussy bu88er when it comes to this and it doesn't really bother me.

T-bar shades - yes

T-bar bags - yes

Toyota tool kit - yes

There's one rusty point in the rear valance that I know of - again I'll check when I get home.

Seats you are welcome to and I'll swap if you want - I'll check I still have a set when I get home.

Black interior - I will not be swapping it myself but you are welcome to that too - it is complete. The dash is the only pain to swap. Last time I did one it took me 3 hours on a Saturday morning.

Yes the dash and center console is blue and the door cards are black leather.

Other things that annoy me slightly are the front valance which is scuffed - I may yet be having this done as a friend owes me a favour and is a sprayer. Frankly it depends on me being ar$ed to do it :)

I shall go over the car with a camera and take photos of any issues.

Unless I've massively misjudged the market she will not be around very long given the spec, condition and price.

My black turbo just went to the first guy that looked at it 5 days after it was put up for sale and for the full asking price.

In all honesty she's priced to sell not to sit outside my house for a month making me sad while the tax runs out :(

As you may be able to tell I'm not the most motivated of sellers but she has to go as I that was the deal I made with the devil (Mrs Gersen) to get my new car.

HTH

Tom
Harry

Post by Harry »

Good car for a good price no reason why someone should not be having summer fun and or both touring Europe - this summer :sunny:
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

...any news yet on the last few of my queries or the extra pics?
ta
:)
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Yeah - sorry for lack of reply but have been rebuilding PC and doing housework - topic reply notification didn't work again for some reason.

I'll download the photos from my camera in a moment!

cheers

Tom
flashajd

Post by flashajd »

Amazing to see my old car looking so beautiful! Just thought I had to add something seeing it for sale again. I owned this car from 1996 to 2000 and spent a lot of money keeping it mint in this period. However the rear arches were a losing battle so I sold it. I had many discussions and had many photos from Chris Grilli and almost bought the car back after he had done the arches in 2007 but wasn't in a position to finalise the deal. Again I see it looking as good as when I owned it, but again I am not in a position to repurchase it :mrgreen: I did have written down every owner and address this car had, and the work done on it, although now the only things left from when I owned it are the Magnex exhaust and front end!
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Hehe nice to hear from a previous owner - altho I have to say that Chris replaced the front end from the old IMOC posts I've read :) but the stainless steel exhaust is still there!

cheers

Tom
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Hi all

The rear valance is being sorted this week - will post with pics when it's done.

Ta

Tom
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

good to see you still have the car. I would be unhappy to see it go to someone other than me.
The guy who left a deposit on my GT4 has just told me that it'll be a couple of weeks until he can pay the balance and take it. Fingers crossed that you'll still have yours at that time (but I doubt it) :(

Look forward to the piccies. Will your mate be sorting the chip in the arch and the headlight scuff?

cheers
Michael
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

I popped up at lunchtime to see how things were progressing....

If it stays dry she'll be all done today :mrgreen:

Edit: Update - It did and she was

Last edited by Gersen on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

looking good. :D

You going to refit the mudflaps too?
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

muckyman wrote:I would be unhappy to see it go to someone other than me.

If you can't beg/borrow/steal £1200 off a mate/relative/bank for two weeks you aren't trying in my book :)

Hopefully she'll be gone by the weekend as I have half a dozen people all after it - still you never know who's going to be a timewaster :roll: Fingers crossed though.

I did have one funny email from someone telling me
"I was never worth more than £600....blah blah blah...so I'd like to offer you £600"

I didn't reply to that one....then 12 hours later got....
"I haven't had a reply to my offer for your car"

Didn't reply to that either and next morning got (verbatim)....
"You stupid f'ing moron, you could have had cold hard cash in your hand now instead of that pile of dog s**t car - you'll never sell it you f'ing stupid...." etc

I am still laughing as I was stupified to find these people really exist! :)

muckyman wrote:Look forward to the piccies. Will your mate be sorting the chip in the arch and the headlight scuff?

Piccies are up....and no....just the valance...stop being a cheeky git :P

Gersen

Post by Gersen »

muckyman wrote:looking good. :D

You going to refit the mudflaps too?

You really are a cheeky git aren't you? :P

:mrgreen:
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

cheeky?
me?

Well, I've gotta try.

(you put that black interior in it yet?) :wink:

The cash isn't the issue for me, its the fact that I can't have two cars at once. I've only got one parking space allocated to me :(
I had mentioned paying you a deposit to keep it but you weren't keen as you didn't want it hanging around and would rather it went asap. I can understand that. Hopefully for me, it'll still be available when mine goes. I would be there on the same day mine is collected.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”