Tubby vs Focus 1.6

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Martian_333

Tubby vs Focus 1.6

Post by Martian_333 »

Ok maybe not, just a moan......

So I'm on my way back from Halfrauds where I just bought myself some brake cleaner to clean up some calipers and I'm coasting home taking it easy (trying to save fuel & because I'm tired), the dual carriageway here is a bit weird, two lanes as normal but then forks allowing traffic to flow left (using the left hand lane) and ever onwards un-restricted by the oncoming roundabout in the right hand lane which allows you to also carry straight onwards re-joining the forked left hand lane or take several exits. A short distance before the fork in the road you hit a 50 zone, fair enough - pretty simple. The road was dead.

Anyway, I indicate (with no cars around, but hey) and pull over into the right hand lane with nothing behind me as I hit the 50 zone (I'm doing the speed limit bang on) when stomping up behind me comes the usual headlights - its not even dark yet, just dusk - I think here we go again but then I get loads of flashing and main beam as he's catching up - fast, I point my finger to the right to tell the idiot that I'm going right at the roundabout, there's still tons of room to hit the left hand lane and go straight on.

Anyway, he's flashing away right up my a** so I pointed at the 50mph sign, he moves to overtake just before the road forks and I'm getting really pi**ed off & tempted to floor it so he has to go left (he's going right too), coming alongside me I just look at him bemused, he gives me the w**ker sign all the while driving past with something resembling a female in the passenger seat.

He then pulled infront of me and continued to do weird hand signals which I really didnt understand, but I just could not be bothered with this idiot.

Seriously, wtf?

Anyway, so there you go, overtaken by a 1.6 Ford Focus, gutted. :?
JJ

Re: Tubby vs Focus 1.6

Post by JJ »

I'm getting really pi**ed off & tempted to floor it

I read this.. and though... Woooosa... mellow yourself... no need to get excited...

then...

he gives me the w**ker sign all the while driving past

Drive into the b4stard next time !! :mrgreen:

Seriously though... theres a lot of attitude problems on the roads these days... I'd actually go as far and assume, if you'd met these sort of people out and about in clubs or bars, you'd either be biting your lip at them, or dragging them by the scruff of their neck over tables and chairs....
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

Major credit to you mate for keeping your cool with this noob of a driver, it's people like you that give our 2's and their driver's a good name.

Was well chuffed to read you hadn't floored it and taken him on, thumbs up to ya :thumleft:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

"he gives me the w**ker sign all the while driving past with something resembling a female in the passenger seat."

class :clap: a situation well handled by yourself there ! besides a focus aint worth wasting petrol on :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

You have a tubby, you could have shown him up without flooring it #-o
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Yeah I could have, but would you do that to a shopping trolly when all you want to do is coast along in the sun, with tunes on, shades and a crate of lager in the boot (I forgot to mention that important fact).

Larger is delicate you know until it reaches the safe confines of your stomach. 8)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Personally I would have just matched his speed to stop him being a dunce then made him get behind me. But then I'm very terratorial with road lanes :twisted:
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

:lol:

Good on ya for not giving it some lead foot, cos i wouldnt have had the patience with a moron like that!

Very frustrating isnt it!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

matt_mr2t wrote:Personally I would have just matched his speed to stop him being a dunce then made him get behind me. But then I'm very terratorial with road lanes :twisted:

I'd have left him past.
1. Speeding up to prevent him getting past ain't big or clever and you'd probably get done for it if the Rozzers saw you.
2. Idiots are best kept infront of you :)

Nice one Martian :thumleft:

Return to “Driving Experiences”