Ultima GTR

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

JJ

Ultima GTR

Post by JJ »

WOW.... Just imagine what such a rare sighting this is, but in silver :

And to my delight.... I got to see it shift too.... Needless to say, there was a little showing off in front of the little blue shed ... and noticed the requirement of using the brakes wasn't an issue hitting a roundabout and exiting it.... I continued the inspirated drive by sticking close to what can only be described as J-Lo's ar5e of a car (wide and curvy - not spotty and hairy ! :mrgreen: )... and this thing was fit on its toes.....

Off the next roundabout... short semi-hard pull 2nd, 3rd, 4th....where I slipped in a fly by.... approaching another roundabout I found him plotting his move at the next straight which is of considerable length.... Switched the ole Blitz DSBC to position 4 = 1.7 bar of thrust....

Exiting the roundabout, gave no room for error, throttle went down in 2nd.... 255's part breaking traction in this dry beautiful day, the sharp snap of the rev counter to 8500 rpm with a part crackle of rev limit... looked in my mirror and this Silver beast of a road going racer was on the high road ready to take me... into 3rd as I hear the turbo spooling and sucking like the Dyson I used only an hour previous, hard pulling in 3rd... I find wait.... its not passing me.... stretching its legs again all the way to 8500 rpm, into 4th.... Neck n neck....C'mon you hunk of junk... 4th's now doing the long haul pull where the vision starts to go blurry of the sheer adrenelin and the green fields left of me and the crash barrier to the right ... top out 4th and noticed something quite bizzare... the Ultima had actually dropped back a car length or even two.....

Into 5th, mine still pulling for the only nation to enter a basketball team with team members no taller than 5ft... and this ultima is still in view and not passing or gaining... 5th is trotting along just nicely... and I'm now running out of RPM's !!! I saw something like 7500rpm in 5th... and "ultimately" **cough* time to stand down... backed off where we both approached the next roundabout and turned off.....

In summary .... this shouldn't have been how it was written and can only put down to either the driver of the Ultima toying with me, he missed a gear or two... or the engine is missing a beat...

Only thing thats stuck to me of recent days apart from my brothers supra that still makes mine look like a pushbike !!

Daaaamn......
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Kongaroo

Re: Ultima GTR

Post by Kongaroo »

Nice going JJ - the Blue Shed must be running some awesome power :mrgreen:

Is it true that the T04z is good for 700BHP?
rubens_barrifello

Post by rubens_barrifello »

there is no way he could of been trying do you know how fast the ultimas are
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

rubens_barrifello wrote:there is no way he could of been trying do you know how fast the ultimas are

of course he does ;)

do you know about JJ's car?

very good JJ, sounds like a relaxing cruise! :shock: :lol: 8)
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Damn i tihnk i need to start hanging round oop your area, seems a lot of nicer cars up there! (might be an excuse to get ryan working his magic on mine!)
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
rubens_barrifello

Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

In summary .... this shouldn't have been how it was written and can only put down to either the driver of the Ultima toying with me, he missed a gear or two... or the engine is missing a beat...

:thumleft:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Dale_V wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
rubens_barrifello

matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm gonna hazard a guess that JJ's car is far from standard. The fact he pulled on it on the straight and not the twisties pretty much sums up this.

What's your spec these days JJ?
JJ

Post by JJ »

:D Speed readers !!! [-X And I expect to be fully flamed as well !! :D

As Dales pointed out... this wasn't the outcome I was expecting....I wanted to see this thing slaughter past..... as this is one seriously fast car. Though I will say, there are quite a few variations of this... so perhaps it was the 1.6 GL that was having a go !! :mrgreen:

I'd just thought I'd account it for comedy factor so its not gloating... but identifying... what a rare sighting... and to see one actually be used opposed to being a driveway ornament.....and... supercar has a go at £2 quid car .. and gets shocked by not passing it !! :mrgreen:

In reality, its outlined to the owner that perhaps it isnt running correctly.... he should have been going into 6th when mine topped out....hope he doesn't just look at the standard specs as a comparison basis.

Debateable if the effort was there to pass.... he stuck his car on the outside to pass me..... why was he still there in a hard pull in ALL of my gears ??!!

I will say... I've seen one down the qrt mile... and was doing consistant 11.9's !!! now go look at the MR2 turbo qrt mile table and see how many can match or better that....... including myself where I was achieving high 11's that very day !

Damn i tihnk i need to start hanging round oop your area, seems a lot of nicer cars up there!

And plenty of open roads !!! Steve, my girlfriend lives on an estate on my doorstep where theres a few celebrities and a large handful of footballers .. Keegan lives up there too ! :D Now imagine my noisy 16 year old banger entering the estate regularly... security on the entrance making all sorts of calls to the on site security to follow me in !! hehe !!

I'm gonna hazard a guess that JJ's car is far from standard

Matt.. I watch from behind this thing hitting corners.... theres nothing going to stick with it !!! I threw mine into follow it.. and had to brake !! Goodamn, turned into a corner braker with my age !! :-$

Engines running sweet.... powerwise... at a guess... 500+ bhp @ 1.7 bar... dependant on ambient temps.... Ryan tuned it at 1.3 bar and that put out 425bhp... Changed the spec / improved areas since... I've got nitrous on top of that too if needed....

Nathans ( Centurys ) old spec .. we had very similar specs.. and his managed 500 bhp at 1.6 bar....

I dont really chase numbers... I look at efficiency improvements to generate torque.... but I will say it is a quick little thing :D
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

So if any one was in any doubts, JJ's car is clearly up to scratch on a straight line race with a car like an Ultima.

I dread to think what sort of speeds you hit when doing 5k + rpms in 5th :shock:
Perhaps the driver just lost his bottle?
I think I'd be backing away at that speed in my old age.

I had a similar run in with a 911 once. I could match his speed but he just didnt seem to brake any where and I couldnt hang on to it at that point.

That's the difference between a real super car and a tuned up sports car IMO.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

matt_mr2t wrote:I'm gonna hazard a guess that JJ's car is far from standard. The fact he pulled on it on the straight and not the twisties pretty much sums up this.

What's your spec these days JJ?

I think hes running around 500ish bhp IIRC

Either way good job, them ultimas are rapid. Of course it depends on what engine the ultima had, as they can come in a few different states of tune.
Graeme Shaw

Post by Graeme Shaw »

JJ

When can I have a ride in your tubby?

Graeme
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

JJ wrote: Though I will say, there are quite a few variations of this... so perhaps it was the 1.6 GL that was having a go !! :mrgreen:

Yup. I'm sure you can also still get them self build? And, if I remember correctly with the ubiquitous Rover V8? However, I doubt it had one of those if it gave you a good race ;)

The 0-100-0 time on their record car is just insane, watch the video of it if you can!!
JJ

Post by JJ »

I'm sure you can also still get them self build?

Really ... ??!! This could be the future !! :mrgreen:

When can I have a ride in your tubby?

Graeme.. always a spare seat and a sick bag for you... though I'm doing more work on it to make it shift even better !! :mrgreen:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

JJ wrote:
I'm sure you can also still get them self build?

Really ... ??!! This could be the future !! :mrgreen:

It appears so ;)

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrintro

Ultima wrote:Whilst the GTR can be ordered as a turnkey supercar, it is also available in component form, for assembly by the home enthusiast which is how the majority of our customers prefer to purchase their GTR. As part of the GTR's gestation period, a great deal of time was spent to ensure that this is one of the easiest cars in the world to construct by somebody with no previous mechanical or car building experience
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's legal for the road but would you really use it on English roads?

My tubby can be uncomfortable at times, I would imagine a GTR would be worse ten fold?

Was it the GTR that has so much downforce it could, in theory, drive upside down?
steve b

Post by steve b »

I saw a silver Ultima GTR on saturday when walking the dog, it was only poking its nose out of a garage whilst stationary. Down south though in Aston Tirrold.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

JJ wrote:
And plenty of open roads !!! Steve, my girlfriend...

Strange name for a girl.

Return to “Driving Experiences”