Looking into Car covers (outdoor)

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oddshoes

Looking into Car covers (outdoor)

Post by oddshoes »

Hello all

I am currently looking into buying a car cover for my next 2 and was wondering if I could arrange a group buy for a GOOD car cover would people be interested in one they would be a tailored (custom to the mr2 mk2) car cover in an mixture of colours as well.
So please add if you would be interested and i will get more details as I am expecting a few emails soon and for the peeps that come to the south east meets i should have some samples to bring with me soon

Thanks

Dave
oddshoes

Re: Looking into Car covers (outdoor)

Post by oddshoes »

Here are the details

I have spoken to a company called The Ultimate Finish here is a link to their website http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Default.aspx

This is the deal that I have managed to arrange with them, the car covers will be Tailored car cover (specific to the MK2 MR2) and we need a min of 10 peeps for this gorup to get 10% off. the covers will be made by COVERCRAFT and it will take 14 - 21 days for them to be made and then they will be sent to me and i can forward them on but you will have to pay the little extra for me to forward them onto you which i believe it will cost another £5-10 for that if you are in the UK.
The offer end on Friday May 29th so payment must be in by then
here are your options

(A)
Covercraft WeatherSheild HP (Outdoor) Click HERE for link

Description
The Ultimate Fully Tailored Outdoor Cover Fabric Just Got Better !!
Exclusively manufactured by Covercraft for unparalleled vehicle protection.

How can you make a fabric that's been selected as an OE choice for luxury, high-performance and speciality vehicles and motorcycles better?

Weathershield HP fabric is constructed with a patented immersion process EPIC by Nextec. As well as being highly UV protective, the Nextec immersion process helps shed moisture and stops dust, dirt and tree sap from reaching your vehicles finish. The fabric "breathes" to allow moisture, condensation and heat to easily escape from under the cover. The encapsulation technology goes INSIDE the fabric, around the fibres, resulting in a silky smooth finish that glides over fine paint finishes.

The new Weathershield HP material marries solution-dyed fibres to the EPIC finish in an environmentally-friendly process that features much lower CO2 emissions. The high-performance polyamide fibres require no dyeing after weaving as the colour is extruded INSIDE the fibres - giving maximum fade resistance.

Unlike traditional coatings and laminations that just protect one side of the fabric, WeatherShield uses a variety of computerised process controls to place protective finishes inside the fabric.

Finally, a cover with a fabric that provides maximum protection from from sun and rain, dust, dirt, bird and tree droppings, and pollutants in the air, but isn't bulky and hard to store.

Features:

Ultra compact - covers can even be washed in a home-sized washing machine
Weatherproof - fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover
Dries in minutes - because the fabric sheds moisture
Fully breathable - heat, condensation & vapors escape easily
Highly UV resistant - special finish additives minimise UV degradation
Dust-proof - patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust filtration
Abrasion resistant - polymers are smooth to prevent
Easy care - clean the cover in your home washer and dryer
Elastic in the hem at front & rear helps hold the cover in place
Due to the various combinations of material and colours our sales advisors are more than happy to assist you in selecting the right cover for your vehicle.

Delivery Timescale
All Covercraft covers are manufactured to order and delivery is typically 14 - 21 days. UK courier delivery is provided free of charge on all orders.

Standard Colours
Grey & Taupe

The MK2 MR2 is size B so is £330 but with a 10% discount would take it to £300 buy it from them and gets sent to me

(B)
Covercraft Noah Click HERE for link

Description
Maximum Vehicle Protection !!
Using a unique, patented 3-layer construction sheathing together different materials, Covercraft has created bi-component fibres to manufacture the material for Noah.

The outer layer combines the qualities of the softness of polypropylene with weather and ultra-violet resistancy. The inner layer combines polypropylene with a strong nylon core. The middle layer employs a microporous breathable film giving an amazing barrier protection but still enabling moisture vapour and condensation to evaporate away from the car’s finish.

This extraordinary new concept makes the Noah Cover exceptionally soft yet strong. Hand or machine washable, the cover is lightweight and compact for easy storage and daily use.

Benefits:

Snow, sun, rain, dew, dust, dirt, industrial pollutants, tree sap & bird droppings are all kept away from your paintwork
New micro-porous breathable film - amazing barrier protection but still allows moisture & condensation to evaporate
Easy to use - lightweight & compact for easy storage & daily use
Will not rot or mildew - even if folded & stored wet
Will not scratch - inner layer is soft enough to protect even delicate paint finishes
Resists Tears - strength of fabric makes it resistant to rips & tears
Due to the various combinations of material, colour and options our sales advisors are more than happy to assist you in selecting the right cover for your vehicle.

Delivery Timescale
All Covercraft covers are manufactured to order and delivery is typically 14 - 21 days. UK courier delivery is provided free of charge on all orders

b]The MK2 MR2 is size B so is £275 but with a 10% discount would take it to £247.50 if my maths is correct lol, that buy's it from them and gets sent to me[/b]
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Seems expensive... also, if they're hand tailored to fit the MR2, how do they compensate for the changes in spoiler size (rev5 spoilers being quite a lot larger than previous revs) and how well will they fit those of us with mountains of fibreglass stuck to our cars? :-k
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

Alright John

they do a cover for the rev5 spoiler, but goo point as I will have to check out and see if the compensate for body kitted cars as well, though i know there is a semi taliored one that they do,

good point thanks mate :thumleft:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”