Feedback for 'wanted' transactions

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dale_V

Feedback for 'wanted' transactions

Post by Dale_V »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but im thinking it would be a good idea to allow feedback on completed wanted transactions? surely a sale is a sale so whether the transaction is done from the 'for sale' or 'wanted' forum its still worthy of feedback?
craig

Re: Feedback for 'wanted' transactions

Post by craig »

Good idea mate, would be better than creating a for sale post for the sake of feedback when a wanted post could be finalized :thumleft:
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

Yeah sounds like a good idea, but i assumed that the reason that there is no feedback for wanted ads was because the forum was trying to deter people buying items from member who aren't paid up?

If i have something for sale that theres a wanted ad up, i will PM the poster, and more often than not they will say no thanks, then go and pay MORE from a paid-up member. This is obviously because they are wary of low/no feedback #-o
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

think this is an excellent idea,i have personaly helped many members out,in their wanted quest.often giving them the item they require free of charge,so a bit of feedback would have been nice,had it been available.paul.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I know the admins are tied up on real life hassle at the moment but as an alternative method, why not just create a post in the for sale section, finalise it and bosh, you have your feedback.

Not an ideal solution but will get you FB bumped up if you need it O:)
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

We're looking at it :)

If agreed, it may be very simple to implement so could appear very soon. Watch this space :thumleft:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Jaspa wrote:I know the admins are tied up on real life hassle at the moment but as an alternative method, why not just create a post in the for sale section, finalise it and bosh, you have your feedback.

Not an ideal solution but will get you FB bumped up if you need it O:)

Not really a great way to deal with it all the time, and I wouldnt have thought it should be reccomended

jmachling wrote:We're looking at it

If agreed, it may be very simple to implement so could appear very soon. Watch this space

thats what I like to hear :thumleft:
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Not looking good at the moment I'm afraid - the problem lies in that the feedback system is split into 'Buyers' and 'Sellers' and the original poster is likely to be treated as the 'Seller' rather than correctly assigned to be a 'Buyer'. If it does work like that, it'll mess up the feedback system as you won't know if someone has issues selling or buying and I'm not sure we want just to have a blanket 'feedback' for both.

I think it will need a new version of this Mod to the forum software and as phpBB2 isn't supported anymore, I doubt anyone will be willing to do it. Offers anyone?

Will investigate further, though.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”