[Mk2] [Generic] coloured or gloss black bomex bonnet

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

aqua marine or gloosy black?

aqua marine
50%
glossy black
50%

Total votes: 8

fearless

[Mk2] [Generic] coloured or gloss black bomex bonnet

Post by fearless »

after going down the bodyshop today to have my tubby engine lid, autopista spoiler and rear panel sprayed, ive decided to go for one of those bond on bonnet scoops,
going to get a bonnet and a scoop and have it fitted by a bodyshop now im undecided on having it sprayed aqua marine or a very glossy black what do you guys think. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
andyc1988

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] coloured or gloss black bomex bonnet

Post by andyc1988 »

Personally to pull of a carbon or carbon style bonnet you need a kitted car .i find a mr2 without sideskirts, bumper and spats/rear bumper it just looks too much for me (normally). If you do Id go aquamarine as it wont stick out as much and you can always change colour if you do go with a full kit etc.
"If in doubt, go Flat out"
fearless

Post by fearless »

oh the kit would be comming cant afford it i would have to do it in stages, taken me 2 years to get the car the way it is now,
im favouring the glossy black at the moment to break it down a bit going to have the windows tinted and i have a black sunstrip and black wheels so though it might look good all together,
have to see what happens got to source the bonnet and scoop and see how much my painter will charge to fit and paint it. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Ive got a black bonnet you can have for free ,if you can collect at all?
bit awkward to post ,and i bought one that was posted, and it arrived damaged
fearless

Post by fearless »

thanks trev im in talks with larry93 at the moment he has a black one i might chance the delivery, its going to be cut about anyway so might not matter to much just the corners getting bent worrys,
me cheers anyway trev would be quite a jaunt for me to get to you and back but thanks for thinking of me. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

nofearmadbiker wrote:oh the kit would be comming cant afford it i would have to do it in stages, taken me 2 years to get the car the way it is now,
im favouring the glossy black at the moment to break it down a bit going to have the windows tinted and i have a black sunstrip and black wheels so though it might look good all together,
have to see what happens got to source the bonnet and scoop and see how much my painter will charge to fit and paint it. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

I think black will look good.Think what you are going to do sounds good but for me the only thing i wouldnt do is the Sunstrip #-o

I have had to do my car in stages too :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

i already have the sunstrip its window tinting film only a thin strip but sets off my imoc sticker i had made in light sensitive vinyl quite well its not a chavvy one,
and yes ive decided on the black bonnet as you said break it down a bit should look nice when done i hope. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

fearless

Post by fearless »

after picking my sprayed bits up yesterday i had a good chat with the painter about fitting one of these scoops to my bonnet,
he said he could do it but would cost £450 i nearly fell over i could get a second hand carbon one for that or even new if i shopped around he also said with the glossy black it would show off where it was fillered and wouldnt look that perfect,
i should be getting my spare bonnet soon and im going to fabricate my own with some sheet meatal and should look very similar and i could do this for around £150 which i think is a lot better plus it wont crack because it will be metal might take time as i need a new welder mine is shagged at the moment also need the dimensions of where scoops fit in line with bonnet. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

£450 would buy you a new Seibon OEM carbon bonnet! :shock:

Return to “Modifications”