Summers day in March!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

craig

Summers day in March!

Post by craig »

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Took the '2 out today for a blast up an A-road and then round some country roads stretching her legs :twisted:

Loved it, almost like summer, windows down, sun shining, pretty warm (caught the sun on my face!) driving an MR2 turbo giving it some boost 8)

How many of you on here used the awesome weather to get out there in the '2 and give it some beans :twisted:
Steve Horrocks

Re: Summers day in March!

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Kind of, had to work today, but luckily, my apprentice had to take his car to garage in next town, so I offered to go so I could bring him back to work. Nice brand new road between the towns, open land either side, couple of roundabouts, sweeping corners, new Tarmac and nobody about, awesome!

Then blew a boost pipe off!
So had to creep to the end N/A! Oh well, nice weather and managed to keep the speed up for the corners!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

You beat me to posting this, I had absolutely no excuse to go out today other than the sunshine & to re-fuel - so I took the T-Bars off for the first time, put the heaters on lol and went for a drive round some local country roads.

I ended up seeing a Celica GT4, Supra (I live near Santa Pod), couple of Porsche's and followed two Harleys (which looked & sounded awesome btw) for about 20mins, not driving like a lunatic in all the time I was out, just enjoying effortless driving in the sun.

Was awesome :thumleft:

Really enjoyed it.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

By the way, the Harleys (or whatever they were, but they were like Harleys) had two rear wheels almost like half gokart half motorcycle - anyway one thing that annoys the hell out of me lately is cyclists, now before you have a go at me I used to be one myself and so I can appreciate how dangerous the roads are so I always give them as much room as possible, however, lately I've been seeing more and more and more that ride side by side, both myself and the two guys on the motorbikes infront of me got stuck behind two cyclists riding side by side which we didnt actually see initially coming round a bend, the lead motorcyclists clearly didnt agree with the way he looked at them as he overtook, this is *dangerous*, cycling 20mph on a 50/60mph road side by side - at least move back into single file rather than staying alongside.

When they do this half the time there's very little room to overtake, very anti-social and something I dont totally understand, seriously, why not move back into single file?

](*,)
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Highway code rule 66 says:-
You should

keep both hands on the handlebars except when signalling or changing gear
keep both feet on the pedals
never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
not ride close behind another vehicle
not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain
be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted

Return to “Driving Experiences”