New Secttion MR2 Based Kit Cars

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JeffD

New Secttion MR2 Based Kit Cars

Post by JeffD »

Always a hotly debated topic when it comnes up eg. ferrari replicas etc so I'd like to see a new section of "MR2 Based Kit Cars" where folks who want to discuss them can without each thread being turned love them verses hate them.

Most important thing would be a strict rule that if you dont like them dont post!!!!

Think it's such a shame that every time someone mentions them theyre "run out of town" as it were when theres a lot of quite technically minded people who could benefit members in other ways are put off the club - you might not like what they do but sometimes how they do it is an interstinbg read especially for folks like myself who like ordianry bodykits etc.
michael

Re: New Secttion MR2 Based Kit Cars

Post by michael »

Speaking as "michael" here and not "IMOC Moderator" I'm not convinced there are enough of these threads to justify a new section TBH but I agree that the constant bashing is getting frustrating.

I'm not a huge fan of bodykits in general but I do appreciate good workmanship and a desire to do something different.. unless it's Veilside of course, that's just wrong O:)

Remember that the report post button is there if anyone thinks another poster is overstepping the mark.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

I think th eonly reason there arnt more threads is that they always get bashed :-(

Couldnt we have one as a trial and if it doesnt get used then bin it and move the threads back inti general or something?
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

theres is a few of them on twobrutal as they usually end up with engine swaps too
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

I agree with Jeff on this one. I know TB is a no no on here etc. but there's a great project section on their forum and it's really great to see the progress of builds.
steve b

Post by steve b »

Yeah I think a plastic cars section would be a good idea, TRDs, Ferrari, Veilside can all live happily together :) Should be a straight rule that posts in the section can't be "I don't like", "Why do that" etc.. constructive posts only.

The ferrari kit people do just get a barage of "why" which is out of order.

Veilside's deserve it :)
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

I like reading what people do with their cars too - even I dont like what they do its still interesting to me and sometimes they may use a techiniqe, place to buy something etc which you would find useful doing something a bit more normal.

Thers only so many "should I fit a downpipe" and "how do I get 300BHP" threads you want to read LOL

Loved that thread on electric MR2s :-)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

steve b wrote:Veilside's deserve it :)

We've disagreed a bit in the past, but that's one thing I do agree with :wink:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

I can see where your coming from Jeff but giving them there own section is kind of making them outcasts also, people that give them a bashing are in the minority any way and are entitled to their opinions i guess.....not sure why its only a different body kit #-o
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Do you prefer Helena Christensen, Naomi Campbell or Giselle Munchen? If there are different aesthetic choices people will always have a preference (unless of course you could organise a fantastic 4-way!! ... mmmmm).

R.
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:I can see where your coming from Jeff but giving them there own section is kind of making them outcasts kit #-o

You give the mk3 owners one and they are outcasts :lol: :whistle:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

paul_h wrote:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:I can see where your coming from Jeff but giving them there own section is kind of making them outcasts kit #-o

You give the mk3 owners one and they are outcasts :lol: :whistle:

Lol.....but come on they are just a Yaris with a different shell...... :eye: :whistle:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Meanwhile back on topic...... ;-')

I just think it would be interesting (and beneficial) to see what people do in terms of what is at the end of the day an extreme bodykit. Even if you dont lik ethe end result sometimes there is an impressive display of effort and you can still learn stuff which could then be applied to perhaps regular bodykits.

All this rubbishing of kit cars very much reminds me of the time when I used to be a member of the MR2DC and daren't mention that I drove an "import"....and look where things are now :-)

Return to “Club News and Announcements”