Knockhill - this summer... Anyone interested?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

J-1

Knockhill - this summer... Anyone interested?

Post by J-1 »

Any Scottish MR2 owners interested in a open session track night at Knockhill over the summer?

Just looking for numbers the now.
jim55

Re: Knockhill - this summer... Anyone interested?

Post by jim55 »

yes ,me .definate :thumleft:
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Good stuff. Anyone else?

1. Jay
2. jim55
jim55

Post by jim55 »

why dont u post this on the oc ?i know theres a load of members a bout stirling /east and we were talking about a track event ,i bet some will go :thumleft: :thumleft:
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Good point mate. Will get it done the now. :mrgreen:
jim55

Post by jim55 »

theres a trackday on the 22nd
http://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/trackday.php
they have roughly one a month ,i thought there would b a few peeps into this :? i booked a tuition day today so id b up for trackdays .its ba pity they done away with the novice days but a tuition session will b ok to get me started
edit -iv just noticed they do a novice session as well ,im gona book it :thumleft:
jim55

Post by jim55 »

any further interest in this ?i recently done the tuition day and it was brill ,id really b up for another go on the track .what can i say ,its the only place to find out about over/understeer on an mr2 relatively safely .i learnt loads in a safe ish enviroment ,very much worth what £40 or so .if u havnt been on a track before it will surprise you (and prob make u realise your not a driving god -did it with me anyway) :roll: but honestly its very good ,cmon peeps :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

J-1 wrote:Any Scottish MR2 owners interested in a open session track night at Knockhill over the summer?

Just looking for numbers the now.

yeah i'd be up for that, anybody fancy the japfest at crail next sunday???

sorry i'll start a seperate thread for it :thumleft:
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

Yeh i'd well be up for this :D

Missed out on japfest cos i am offshore unfortuntely :(

Pm me if anything comes up dude! :)
J-1

UPDATE!!!

Post by J-1 »

Right, i am just off the phone to Gemma @ Knockhill about this!

An open session night for a maximum of 30 cars, from 6pm - 8pm, where you can basically go on and off the track into the pits will cost £1995.00

This includes:

Medics
Marshalls
Insurance

She gave me a few dates that are currently available:

26th June
30th June
14th June
14th July
15th July
20th July
30th July
5th Aug
11th Aug
18th Aug

Who's interested?

Please state the date(s) that would suit. Obviously the more people, the cheaper it is!!
jim55

Post by jim55 »

im defo int in this ,il just go with the flow re a date .i think once we get some numbers then we can work on dates and stuff .but just for numbers im in \:D/ :thumleft:
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Anyone else????
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i'd be up for it. :thumleft:
mini1380cc

Post by mini1380cc »

jim55 wrote:any further interest in this ?i recently done the tuition day and it was brill ,id really b up for another go on the track .what can i say ,its the only place to find out about over/understeer on an mr2 relatively safely .i learnt loads in a safe ish enviroment ,very much worth what £40 or so .if u havnt been on a track before it will surprise you (and prob make u realise your not a driving god -did it with me anyway) :roll: but honestly its very good ,cmon peeps :thumleft:

I'm really interested in this but i have never had the MR2 on the track before. So i dont know what to expect in terms of vehicle wear and tear and of course my own ability. Do the tuition sessions run regularly?
J-1

Post by J-1 »

If you are interested, please copy and paste the list of names and add your name to it!
J-1

Post by J-1 »

mini1380cc wrote:
jim55 wrote:any further interest in this ?i recently done the tuition day and it was brill ,id really b up for another go on the track .what can i say ,its the only place to find out about over/understeer on an mr2 relatively safely .i learnt loads in a safe ish enviroment ,very much worth what £40 or so .if u havnt been on a track before it will surprise you (and prob make u realise your not a driving god -did it with me anyway) :roll: but honestly its very good ,cmon peeps :thumleft:

I'm really interested in this but i have never had the MR2 on the track before. So i dont know what to expect in terms of vehicle wear and tear and of course my own ability. Do the tuition sessions run regularly?

I am sure they do run regularly.

This is an open session so if you go out and do 2 laps as a confidence builder it's ok.

You'll be ok either way! Get your name down fella! :thumleft:
mini1380cc

Post by mini1380cc »

1. Jay
2. jim55
3. mini1380cc

I can do most of those dates. Is it as simple as dividing the £2000 by the number of attendees?

Mark
jim55

Post by jim55 »

mini1380cc wrote:

before that i never had an mr2 (any car really -had a bike on ,so i guess i had a bit of a start)its very safe and u wont bin your car (depends on your driving really )but there was very little wear to the car -the tyres were a bit scrubbed in but you would expect that .the only things it could wear down is as said tyres and brake pads ,mine are absolutely fine and the car still drives as it should .of course youl b revving it more than usual but if the car is in good order before im sure itll b fine .just take your time and get to learn braking points and stuff .its brilliant ,do it :thumleft:
sam1176uk

Post by sam1176uk »

Did this go ahead, any plans for one this year?

Return to “Events Discussion”