kill zone 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

kill zone 2

Post by H3RB »

just bought it, gonna give it a bash tonight once my surround sound is set up, will let ya know how it goes :thumleft:
thai boxer

Re: kill zone 2

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:just bought it, gonna give it a bash tonight once my surround sound is set up, will let ya know how it goes :thumleft:

There's already a thread up about this one mate.

You'll complete it in about 5 hours (I did!), looks really nice but is damn linear and repetative. Cover system is cool but the terrible PS pads make aiming extremerly frustrating. :roll: ](*,)
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The significant thing here is he bought a game lol.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:The significant thing here is he bought a game lol.

:shock: :lol:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:The significant thing here is he bought a game lol.

lol i buy ALOT of my games, i have 50+ original 360 games and only a hand full of back ups.
i dont think the ps3 pads are terrible btw.... after using them for a while i think the 360 pad feels nasty now tbh
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:
You'll complete it in about 5 hours (I did!), looks really nice but is damn linear and repetative. Cover system is cool

and this is different to gow how?

My copy of kz2 has been posted today so hopefully i'll get it fri or sat
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mikee66 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
You'll complete it in about 5 hours (I did!), looks really nice but is damn linear and repetative. Cover system is cool

and this is different to gow how?

My copy of kz2 has been posted today so hopefully i'll get it fri or sat

not being nasty but i dont belive u have finished it, if i asked u some questions about the game u wouldnt be able to answer them. yes your friend who reviews games may have finished it but i doubt u sat at his for 6 hours and finished it.
i finished gears of war in 5 n half hours, thats on the hardest dificulty now that game is VERY repetative. run to a room take cover behine chest high walls and repeat in every room untill the game is over and the bosses are also a joke... yet u seem to love gears so much? doesnt make sense.

from what ive played of killzone so far (only on level 3) its insane. shooting buildings that much they collapse, no frame rate issues, sound is incredible graphics are jaw dropping all the way through and the first cut scene is pretty damn ace lol.
i never played killzone one so no idea about the story really.
only bad thing about it atm is all the helgahst or what every they are called sound scottish lol!
forgot to say, the AI is so intelligent! some guy was trying to reload but his gun got jammed so i ran at him with my knife, he started shouting for help and i endend up chasing him round the room for a min whilst he tryed to reload his gun before knifing him lol
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Yeah but Gears is on the 360 and by default that makes it better :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

the simple fact is that gears of war and its sequel were fully developed and released in the time it took them to make one killzone.

and considering that, its really not that much better.

makes me wonder what epic would come up with if they had 5 years to make a game!

and thats for PS3 or xbox.
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:the simple fact is that gears of war and its sequel were fully developed and released in the time it took them to make one killzone.

makes me wonder what epic would come up with if they had 5 years to make a game!

gears 1 & 2 are the same engine though and both based around existing engines, Kz2 is a brand new engine and funnily enought took less time to make than halo3.

Looking forward to playing it!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Who cares how long a game takes to make? I can't see how that has any bearing on whether it's any good or not.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

ekona wrote:Who cares how long a game takes to make? I can't see how that has any bearing on whether it's any good or not.

I agree, All good things etc.

One of the greatest games ever "Half Life 2" took around 7 years iirc!
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Play posted mine on Monday so it might arrive tomorrow :mrgreen:
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Have to say, if the situation was reversed and xbox was taking for ever to release games the ps3 crew would be all over that like a rash. Still, at least kill zone is out, more than we can say about gt5. Ps4 anyone?
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

matt_mr2t wrote:Have to say, if the situation was reversed and xbox was taking for ever to release games the ps3 crew would be all over that like a rash.

90% of the time on here it's 360 owners that have the first dig at anything to do with ps3 and that includes yourself Matt.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Have to say, if the situation was reversed and xbox was taking for ever to release games the ps3 crew would be all over that like a rash. Still, at least kill zone is out, more than we can say about gt5. Ps4 anyone?

i coudlnt care that games take 5 years to make, what difference does it make, i still get to play them in the end!
a game is a game doesnt matter on the time scale.
as somebody said gears were developed with an existing engine the 'unreal' engine which if i have to say is quite parp, gears were also just a test for the unreal engine so they could see how unreal 3 would run and how bad is unreal 3?
gears must be like marmite. u either love it or hate it
im not a fan boy for either console infact i NEVER planned on getting a ps3 untill i played my uncles, after i brought my xbox 1 my ps2 was never used so if anything you could say im more of an xbox fan ao im not judgemental.
i could go on and on about the amount of things wrong or the amount of things i dont like about gears but id just get the real fan boys telling me how wrong i am.

from what ive played so far (about 4 hours worth) im only on level 4 out of 10 this game really is jaw dropping and ground breaking weather or not it was made for the ps3 or 360 its fantastic.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:
SamUK wrote:the simple fact is that gears of war and its sequel were fully developed and released in the time it took them to make one killzone.

gears 1 & 2 are the same engine though and both based around existing engines, Kz2 is a brand new engine and funnily enought took less time to make than halo3.

halo 3 was announced and released in less than 2.5 years??? not 4+ (jus checked its not wuite 5).

and my point about development time is that any dev could make a good game given enough time.
Rev 3 GTS
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

No they couldn't. I doubt the THQ team of the mid-nineties could ever create a decent game even given 40 years.

It's like music: You can either write something good or you can't. Give me a million years and I'll still not be able to write an album anywhere near as good as something Paul McCartney could knock up in half a day. Talent goes a long way, and writing games is more than just being able to code and use a fancy graphics package.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Who cares that a game takes 5 years?

I reckon all those that paid £425 for a PS3 on release date solely to play GT5 care. Especially as by the time the game actually comes out the console will cost half as much.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Who cares that a game takes 5 years?

I reckon all those that paid £425 for a PS3 on release date solely to play GT5 care. Especially as by the time the game actually comes out the console will cost half as much.
just like the guys who brought a 360 just for alan wake?? and halo 3. is alan wake out yet? ahhhh didnt think so

Return to “Games Consoles”