Aerial Stuck

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

James4130

Aerial Stuck

Post by James4130 »

My Aerial is stuck up, anybody got any clues on how to go about fixing it?
leemcc3

Re: Aerial Stuck

Post by leemcc3 »

Stem has probably snapped. £15 from Mr T and 15 mins to fit
James4130

Post by James4130 »

I'll take a look, thanks for your help
James4130

Post by James4130 »

leemcc3 wrote:Stem has probably snapped. £15 from Mr T and 15 mins to fit

How do i take it apart to check? Don't want to break it any further by doing something silly if its still fixable...
leemcc3

Post by leemcc3 »

There was a how to on the old IMOC site. Basically disconnect the motor wiring. Pull it out of the boot. Unscrew unit and pull out stem fuly. You will no immediatly if it is broken. Only takes 10 mins. Put a search in and Im sure you will find the how to....

Lee
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

if the aerial doesnt go up and down anymore, and you can still hear the motor running in the aerial unit when you turn off the car, then its just the mast that needs to be replaced.
around £30-40 from mr t!
piece of p*ss to replace.

undo the aerial nut outside the car (on rev1/2 spoiler, youll need to take the side spoiler bit off), and take off the nut (silver in colour, with 4 slots, just use a screwdriver to turn the nut, be careful not to scrach the paintwork tho)
turn the engine key in the on position, and the aerial will try to go up, at this point you can pull out the old aerial mast.

if all the mast and plastic piping stuff comes out (compare with your new mast, make sure there EXACTLY the same in shape and length, if not go to paragraph below), take note of the side the teeth on the piping come out, very important!) now you can go ahead and put the new aerial in. to do this, with the igntion in the on position, get someone to turn the key to off and at this point the aerial motor will pull the new aerial in (you need to feed the piping in the aerial mast hole first). it should pull the mast right in, repeat the on off with the key and the mast will go in smoother and smoother .boobs your uncle.

if all the piping didnt come out when you took the old mast out, this means theres broken bits instead the motor instead. dont worry, the motors easy to get out. and very easy to open up. just remember what order the bits went in.
its very greasy in there!
youll see the broken off bits, pull these out, put the motor back together, and follow the paragraph above!

any questions let em know, ive done this all myself before!
Ashy

Post by Ashy »

James4130

Post by James4130 »

Thanks for the replies :thumleft: will be a big help when i try and fix it

Return to “ICE and Security”