[Mk2] [Generic] Removed the writing on rear light reflectors

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

[Mk2] [Generic] Removed the writing on rear light reflectors

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Following on from the door mirror mod,i decided to give the rear reflectors a bash ,I had a spare set ive been playing with ,so out came the wet and dry

Took about 30 mins to do,just got to give them a final polish to get rid of small marks,
couldn't get a better picture because they keep reflecting

Before (Can just make out the writing)

After (nearly gone )

Now i know it can be done ill move on to the rev 3s

Couldn't wait any longer

LiamTye

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Removed the writing on rear light reflectors

Post by LiamTye »

ive done this on my rev2 lights.ill get some pics when i get them back from the bodyshop
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Looking good Trev..

Liam.. was it you that tinted the reverse lights red? If so, do you have any pics from a distance? Im thinking of wiring in a bulb from the running lights.. :-k
craig

Post by craig »

Are you bored Trev? :lol:
inky

Post by inky »

Just had a nasty thought - hope those codes aren't needed as some sort of British Standard mark to prove MOT worthiness :shock:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

-:[KM]:- wrote:Looking good Trev..

Liam.. was it you that tinted the reverse lights red? If so, do you have any pics from a distance? Im thinking of wiring in a bulb from the running lights.. :-k

Are you talking about the rev 3s keith? i was thinking along those lines as well :-k so if you do post a picture
Ive seen one rev 3 tinted red to use as a fog light somewhere
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

inky wrote:Just had a nasty thought - hope those codes aren't needed as some sort of British Standard mark to prove MOT worthiness :shock:

I had a look at them first and nothing looks like an E marking
but they must have been there for a reason ,it does seem strange its only on the reflector

Ill let you know in the next couple of weeks,and i might have some cheap lights for sale
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

KM... these are the only pics i have at the mo but can get some more for you if you need em when i get the lights back

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Cheers guys..

I'm thinking of tinting just the reverse lights on the rev2 set-up I'm currently running and then sticking a 5w bulb in there so I have a bank of red lights before the indicator. This will then be flanked with two stop lights as a contrast when the brake is applied.. Does that make sense??
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

km...not one bit mate lol well not to me lol
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

inky wrote:Just had a nasty thought - hope those codes aren't needed as some sort of British Standard mark to prove MOT worthiness :shock:

Lol! It was my first thought when I read this thread. Technically, the "E" mark is a legal requirement, and removing the mark invalidates the status!
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Rogue wrote:

Lol! It was my first thought when I read this thread. Technically, the "E" mark is a legal requirement, and removing the mark invalidates the status!

Ah well too late now :whistle:
RST

Post by RST »

Going through a CE marking process at the moment on some equipment, only 18 months down the line and many thousands of sheets of paper written so far.

...Trust me nobody will notice and it means very little at the end of the day unless your the manufacturer of it -in which case likely nobody will check anyway.

Don't worry about it (dooh -nobody would!). Never noticed the writing myself before but I know theyre very into the full "shaved" look in the US as well (oo er) :lol:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

BLZ-8027 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Ah well too late now :whistle:

Theres no issues with this writing, as the Kite marks etc are on the inside of the main lights \:D/ \:D/
Dont know if you can tell from these pictures? but if you have a look at your
lights you can see them

Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I dont think anyone doing an MOT would bother to check all the lights to make sure they have a little stamp on :mrgreen:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:I dont think anyone doing an MOT would bother to check all the lights to make sure they have a little stamp on :mrgreen:

Neither do i

Return to “Modifications”