rev 3 turbo vrs M5 V10

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Burger

Re: rev 3 turbo vrs M5 V10

Post by Burger »

Mine's a rev2 and standard apart from an mbc....guess its not standard then :lol: :roll:
summ0004

Post by summ0004 »

mr2nut123 wrote:
Burger wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Those 530d's have shed loads of torque iirc. Once moving i bet they can really push on.

Yes they have, I was behind one yesterday coming back from Dumfries, he probably though "ah a kidd on ferrari here we go :roll: ). He floored it (I take it), I was :shock: at the way he dissapeared. I though fk it and pulled in :oops: ....no contest.

They're nippy but come ooooon, a standard rev3 tubby would see it off. They have 258bhp and weigh a lot more.

In theory yes..providing both cars are absolutely flat out.

The thing about cars with high torque tho is that it requires much much less effort to drive quickly as they will pull hard in any gear at almost any revs. So whereas the person driving the 530d can go quickly with almost no effort, the person driving the Mr2 would have to to use every available rev and good use of gears to keep in front.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

summ0004 wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:
Burger wrote:

Yes they have, I was behind one yesterday coming back from Dumfries, he probably though "ah a kidd on ferrari here we go :roll: ). He floored it (I take it), I was :shock: at the way he dissapeared. I though fk it and pulled in :oops: ....no contest.

They're nippy but come ooooon, a standard rev3 tubby would see it off. They have 258bhp and weigh a lot more.

In theory yes..providing both cars are absolutely flat out.

The thing about cars with high torque tho is that it requires much much less effort to drive quickly as they will pull hard in any gear at almost any revs. So whereas the person driving the 530d can go quickly with almost no effort, the person driving the Mr2 would have to to use every available rev and good use of gears to keep in front.

Fair point, but surely that's the whole joy of driving is it not?
mr2toby

Post by mr2toby »

I recently had the pleasure of passenger ride in the V10 M5. This one had a DMS remap and was pushing out around 550 bhp. :twisted:

I used to think my tubby was quick but the M5 takes it too another level. The acceleration is brutal !! Each gear change hurt my neck and you can double the speed limit in a very short space of time. The speedo flies past 100 mph and starts pulling big numbers with ease.

Not had a adrenaline rush from a car in a long time.

I left the car grinning like a cheshire cat trying to work out what i could sell ( wife, kidney etc ) to afford one.

:-k
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

mr2toby wrote:I recently had the pleasure of passenger ride in the V10 M5. This one had a DMS remap and was pushing out around 550 bhp. :twisted:

I used to think my tubby was quick but the M5 takes it too another level. The acceleration is brutal !! Each gear change hurt my neck and you can double the speed limit in a very short space of time. The speedo flies past 100 mph and starts pulling big numbers with ease.

Not had a adrenaline rush from a car in a long time.

I left the car grinning like a cheshire cat trying to work out what i could sell ( wife, kidney etc ) to afford one.

:-k

Yeah, they're damn impressive cars. You say you're comparing to your tubby... Put that 550bhp in that, imagine the power to weight then :wink:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

You can pick them up now for £30k give it a few more years and they will probably be £15k - £20k

Not many cars with that much power that can easilly fit 5 people in and has a huge boot!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumleft:
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Those 530ds are not to be underestimated, take it from me!!

I am amazed at just how quick they are, even more so when they get into full stride.

Return to “Driving Experiences”