Audi rs6

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Tasty

Audi rs6

Post by Tasty »

On my way to visit my mum in Canvy this morning . I pulled onto the A13 the traffic was quite light for a change < must be the weather > up comes the German , headlights on , maybe they are like Volvos , don`t know , anyway he gets pretty close , I had nowhere to go at this time but he still sat on my bumper . Traffic thins out and off I go briskly , then I realise the German `aint a diesel , down two gears and off I went , properly this time , left him by a country mile . Three times we had this , so I thought I will let him by next time and see what it is , they all look the same to me in the mirror . Up he comes and instead of going past he sits next to me in the quick lane , well I thought he was going to say ` what`s that or somthing , I started to open the window and looked over , he was going ballllllistic , you f---king w--ker you p--ck , unbelievable , so now he`s boxed me in for punishment , after a while off he went but this time I`m on his bumper , third gear 7500 revs , he would not get over obviously , anyway as he turned off for Basildon I flew past as he gave me the w--ker sign , just looked up his power < nearly 600 > no wonder he got the `ump . Another one up for the little Jap two seater . luv it just luv it :lol: :lol: :lol:
513BHP at the hubs
Steve Horrocks

Re: Audi rs6

Post by Steve Horrocks »

lol, was just going to make comment about a rev2 seeing off an RS6, but then had a nosey at your profile! lol
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Steve Horrocks wrote:lol, was just going to make comment about a rev2 seeing off an RS6, but then had a nosey at your profile! lol

lol, me too.

Nice one.
michael

Post by michael »

You need to bring that machine to TOTB this year :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Hmmm, RS6 - NICE.

While I wouldnt be happy if an MR2 overtook me in something like that, I wouldnt be disappointed. They are amazing machines.

V10 twin turbo. Imagine what a re-map and a little bit of boost will do to HIS car.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

matt_mr2t wrote:Hmmm, RS6 - NICE.

While I wouldnt be happy if an MR2 overtook me in something like that, I wouldnt be disappointed. They are amazing machines.

V10 twin turbo. Imagine what a re-map and a little bit of boost will do to HIS car.

DMS do a remap.... wait for it.... 670bhp. Try keeping up with that when you are both rolling from 100mph!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I bet it has so much toque it could stop the earth rotating as well.
JJ

Post by JJ »

he was going ballllllistic , you f---king w--ker you p--ck , unbelievable , so now he`s boxed me in for punishment

Road rage seems to be on the up... I was going to my girlfriends house one day.. overtook this Vectra.... thought nothing off it till he nearly buried it into the side of me at the roundabout... cursing me.... waving .... he followed me for a while too.. horn, waving his fist.... etc... Had a lady with him that was going ape 5hit with him.....I tried to work out what i'd done to him... Nothing was the answer !!

Anyway.... Vectras havent really got any speed in them when you hit an open road !!

Morale - avoid loonies !! :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Unless some one damaged my car I wouldnt never consider violence against some one. How ever I can often be heard cursing peoples driving when I'm out.
I always make efforts to be in the right lane at the right time. I hate it when people either intentionally drive right down the outside of traffic then cut in. Or get in the wrong lane at round abouts then cut you up. Many other things annoy me. But my road rage is limited to pointing out what a xxxx driver some one is to my passengers. Not chasing people and telling them.

This guy just sounded like a div. Although, if he turned off at Bas Vegas (5 bells round about I presume?) He could well have been trying to get to the hospital and you could have been holding him up....
Happened to my uncle once, my dads first wife was in hospital on her last legs, uncle was trying to get there asap, some one wouldnt let him pass, ended up pulling the guy over and knocking him while he was sat in the car still. Right or wrong, the highway code always states never try to make people stick to the speed limits, it's not your job.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

JJ wrote:Road rage seems to be on the up... I was going to my girlfriends house one day.. overtook this Vectra.... thought nothing off it till he nearly buried it into the side of me at the roundabout... cursing me.... waving .... he followed me for a while too.. horn, waving his fist.... etc... Had a lady with him that was going ape 5hit with him.....I tried to work out what i'd done to him... Nothing was the answer !!

You not got one of these then in the window? :eye:

It'd make most peoples blood boil :mrgreen:

Where's me coat?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Boro, now McLaren has gone imo are the least offensive team in the league. I think he's safe there.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

I know you like to slate off `2`s at times lol , but I don`t think an RS6 could ever reach my power to weight ratio , my car weighs a tad over a ton , so roughly 500 bhp per ton , RS6 weighs <with hair grooming kit , breath freshener etc> nearer 2 ton , so would need to be approaching 1000 bhp and then of course I could go from 1.6 bar to 2 bar then it`s bye bye Mr remap super tuned super light RS6 :mrgreen:
513BHP at the hubs
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

But they're two totally different cars, so what'd be the point? You wouldn't rag the nuts off an RS6 round the country lanes, but you wouldn't carry a weeks' shop plus two dogs and the family in an MR2.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Take the limiter off an RS6, he'll soon catch you up and leave you even if you have a better PTW.

Dont even need more power for that, just a mod to the ECU.
I have no doubt that if an M5 can do 200+ mph then so can that.

And again, this is comparing a modded car to a standard car.
What if Mr Audi man wants to sink the kind of funds into his engine that people on here have?

5.0 V10 twin turbo - come on, that thing could EASILY get to 1k hp
If there are 3.0 Supra's and 2.6 (2.8) litre Skylines doing it then it'll be a peice of p1$$ in relative terms.

And the difference is, the RS6 will still be a comfy car that'll drive well enough not to threaten to kill you and a small town every time you bury your right foot.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

So do you think the `2` is limited top end , by what ? 200mph has been reached by a `2` with a standard gearbox , top end is only limited by power and how many revs you can run <9200> in my case . work it out it`s quite easy really , the law of phisics can`t be overturned just because of money , power to weight ratio is , and and always will be king . :twisted:
513BHP at the hubs
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Top end is indeed governed by various things. Power, gearing, revs and wheel size. (had a mate once who thought it was purely power lol)

IIRC the standard geering & 7,200 rpm rev limit, limits the 2 to around 165mph

I'm no maths genius so upping the revs to 9,200 loses me a little, with the same gearing I would guess you'll be around the speeds I said.

But the whole point of what I'm saying is that speed isnt everthing.
Look at, for example, a Lotus Exige, it has about 200bhp and costs about £40k yet it'll get round nearly any race track faster than a 600bhp supercar. Why? Because it's actually a bloody good car. Those supercars on an open road will destroy it, but speed isnt everything.

The Mr2 is a decent car but there are better cars out there, even if they're not tuned halfway to hell and do the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

There's more to motoring than out right speed.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

2chey :thumleft:
513BHP at the hubs
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Btw, I'll look out for you on the A13 in my remaining days of MR2'dom and let you pass lol.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

This is one of my all time favourite threads on this site, to smash the .... out of a RS6, awesome!

They are awesome cars!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

matt_mr2t wrote:

And the difference is, the RS6 will still be a comfy car that'll drive well enough not to threaten to kill you and a small town every time you bury your right foot.

And thats exactly why its a boring rep mobile with a big engine with no racing feel to it... I like the thrill of almost been killed :twisted:

Return to “Driving Experiences”