[Mk2] [Generic] Wideband LC-1 - Q's... JJ/ryan.g etc

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dale_V

[Mk2] [Generic] Wideband LC-1 - Q's... JJ/ryan.g etc

Post by Dale_V »

My innovate LC-1 with digital guage has just arrived, but just got a few extra questions (searched but cannot find the answers)

I'm running a Greddy emanage ultimate and i will hook the wideband upto it (no issues there), but if I do that then im obviously going to have to remove the OEM lambda as It can only now give conflicting readings, BUT by simply unplugging the OEM lambda thats going to throw an error code isnt it? so how do I get around that issue?
steve b

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wideband LC-1 - Q's... JJ/ryan.g etc

Post by steve b »

LC-1 has two outputs you can configure one to emulate a Narrow band.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

so basically I would forget about connecting one output to the emanage, and put the output 1 to the stock OEM lambda? and output 2 to the gauge? :?

If i did it that way I dont think the emanage would be able to program from it?
greeny

Post by greeny »

Dale_V wrote:so basically I would forget about connecting one output to the emanage, and put the output 1 to the stock OEM lambda? and output 2 to the gauge? :?

I think what he meant was that the wideband will give out a narrowband signal aswell as the wideband signal, so ditch the stock lambda sensor and the signal the e-manage wants for narrowband will come from the output from your wideband aswell as your 0-5v wideband signal. i think... :mrgreen:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

greeny wrote:
Dale_V wrote:so basically I would forget about connecting one output to the emanage, and put the output 1 to the stock OEM lambda? and output 2 to the gauge? :?

I think what he meant was that the wideband will give out a narrowband signal aswell as the wideband signal, so ditch the stock lambda sensor and the signal the e-manage wants for narrowband will come from the output from your wideband aswell as your 0-5v wideband signal. i think... :mrgreen:

cheers greeny :thumleft: that would make sense, hope that it is the way it works 8-[

any other thoughts?
greeny

Post by greeny »

Dale_V wrote:
greeny wrote:

cheers greeny :thumleft: that would make sense, hope that it is the way it works 8-[

any other thoughts?

My old plx M500 and my new AEM can both mimmick (*sp) a narrowband signal output, so im sure the innovative will be able to show a 0-1v narrowband signal too
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

greeny wrote:
Dale_V wrote:
greeny wrote:

any other thoughts?

My old plx M500 and my new AEM can both mimmick (*sp) a narrowband signal output, so im sure the innovative will be able to show a 0-1v narrowband signal too

been reading more and it can show 0-1v... I guess only way is to try

in the instructions it says the way to wire the sensor to emulate a narrowband is to just connect the output from the lc-1 to the sensor element wire from the oem wiring

It then says to leave the remaining 3 (4 wire oem sensor) and not connect them anywhere, but wont this throw an error code as in essence there are NO heater wires connected :?
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

ok got it, did a search and thanks to paul port :
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 221#492221
and ryan.g
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=20

it looks like i need to put a 8k ohm resistor between the heater wires and leave the sensor ground wire free
JJ

Post by JJ »

Errm... I've been sleeping ! O:)

Way round it now Dale ?! My FC dataloggics easy as I just wire an output signal from the AEM wideband to the dataloggic's auxilary inputs. Looks like your setups a bit more of a bawl ache ! :-s

Hope you sort it after a trip to maplins ! :thumleft:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

I cant help but think that if I wire the wideband to the oem loom via the stock ecu, then im not going to get the best out of the features and control that I would get if I wired it direct to the emanage? :? ...

IF its wired via the oem location then i will still be able to progam the lc-1, there will be no error codes, but the emanage wont notice it? as in I wouldnt be able to monitor afr and set up via the greddy software will I?

IF its wired direct to the emanage, then I would have control of telling the ecu what sensor i have, can monitor afr and set up via greddy software, however I would have an error code...

hmmm
steve b

Post by steve b »

JJ wrote:Errm... I've been sleeping ! O:)

Way round it now Dale ?! My FC dataloggics easy as I just wire an output signal from the AEM wideband to the dataloggic's auxilary inputs. Looks like your setups a bit more of a bawl ache ! :-s

yeah, just ditch the stock ECU & Piggy, get something decent and forget about the problem :thumleft:

:-# :wink:
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

steve b wrote:
JJ wrote:Errm... I've been sleeping ! O:)

yeah, just ditch the stock ECU & Piggy, get something decent and forget about the problem :thumleft:

:-# :wink:

Or I could use the emanage which is decent and provides everything I need plus some, and work my way around a minor issue :)
toyokid

Wideband options

Post by toyokid »

Am I missing something?

Does your downpipe have 2 o2 bungs?
Then surely you would have 2 sensors, narrowband feeding standard ECU and wideband feeding Emanage, or am I being dumb?

Curious

Stephen
steve b

Re: Wideband options

Post by steve b »

toyokid wrote:Am I missing something?

Then surely you would have 2 sensors, narrowband feeding standard ECU and wideband feeding Emanage, or am I being dumb?

Curious

Stephen

No, sounds sensible. Also if you mounted an LC-1 wideband probe int he stock (turbo) position it'd fry in no time, thats why most aftermarket downpipes have a bung at the bottom of the pipe to get it a safe distance from the heat.

Dale_V

Re: Wideband options

Post by Dale_V »

toyokid wrote:Am I missing something?

Curious

Stephen

yes it does have 2 bungs, but you cant have both sensors connected at the same time, one being narrow and one being a wideband, otherwise its going to conflict :-k
toyokid

Dale be good

Post by toyokid »

Dale me old luv,
you have had yer car for some time marra,
but yer are in danger of tying yersen up in knots!

Narrowband to feed the standard ECU,
wideband as a separate entity, nowt to do with the standard ECU,
can feed into the Emanage?
To a wideband gauge, laptop?

Stephen
Dale_V

Re: Dale be good

Post by Dale_V »

toyokid wrote:Dale me old luv,
you have had yer car for some time marra,
but yer are in danger of tying yersen up in knots!

Narrowband to feed the standard ECU,
wideband as a separate entity, nowt to do with the standard ECU,
can feed into the Emanage?
To a wideband gauge, laptop?

Stephen

think you are mis understanding a bit stephen.

as I have an emanage, I can either feed the wideband through to the emanage direct and unplug the OEM narrowband sensor, which will leave an error code on the stock ecu, or I could wire the narrowband to the standard ecu and the emanage will pick it up from there, meaning no error codes, but as its not going direct to the emanage then i would have lack of control

Anyway, Ive decided to just wire it to the emanage direct, get full control, and sort the error code out later :thumleft:
toyokid

Dale be good?

Post by toyokid »

Mornin from the snow capped hills of North Yorkshire,

"Anyway, Ive decided to just wire it to the emanage direct, get full control, and sort the error code out later"

Good idea, but you also need to leave your narrowband in place to feed the standard ECU.

Stephen
Dale_V

Re: Dale be good?

Post by Dale_V »

toyokid wrote:Mornin from the snow capped hills of North Yorkshire,

"Anyway, Ive decided to just wire it to the emanage direct, get full control, and sort the error code out later"

Good idea, but you also need to leave your narrowband in place to feed the standard ECU.

Stephen

are you sure i need to leave the narrowband? I thought that they would conflict if i had 2 sensors doing a similar job, im getting confused lol
toyokid

Dale laughing?

Post by toyokid »

Dale

Your piggy back and standard ECU are separate entities.

Standard does its own thing
and piggyback fools around!

Stephen

Return to “Modifications”