[Mk2] [NA] rev gauge issue

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tomm

[Mk2] [NA] rev gauge issue

Post by Tomm »

Hey,

I am hoping some on can point me in the right dirrecton.

i bought a auto gage rev counter about 3 years ago and never fitted it, in the mean while i managed to lose the instructions. I have got the gauge wired in so that the gauge illuminates when the lights are on and everyhing seems cool.

Now i need to connect my last green wire to the rev counter but i am lost as to what i should connect it to.

Could some one point me in the right dirrection, i am hoping to get it all wired in and working for tommorow so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot, Tomm
si2040

Re: [Mk2] [NA] rev gauge issue

Post by si2040 »

well best place to connect is at the back of your speedo...you will need to trace the rev wire from there...its a start
MR2 Night Fox
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Thanks for that buddy, I think i will just have to start the car and connect it to everyting untill i get a reading!
si2040

Post by si2040 »

best thing i guess...unless you can get a wiring diagram for the back of the speedo which ive seen floating about on the forums before
MR2 Night Fox
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

connect the green wire to ignition negative. its a screw on the back of the rev counter, undo the screw and wrap the wire round it or use a ring spade end.

its marked in gold as IG- its below left of the screw marked IG+

i know thos cos i fitted mine today, big silver auto gauge rev counter with shift light yeah?
Mr2'less

Return to “Electrical”