The Wait Is Killing Me

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

The Wait Is Killing Me

Post by matt_mr2t »

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/79 ... oduct.html

How many times has it been put back so far? Sure it was supposed to be out the same time as Dead Space?
thai boxer

Re: The Wait Is Killing Me

Post by thai boxer »

Looking forward to this one too mate! :twisted:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44535.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44533.html

Its definately coming out early Feb dont worry! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Whats the first one like? Worth getting? Better then resistance 2 I hope!

Is it a FPS?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Yup, FPS. First one was seriously over-hyped when it was originally released: It was a good game, but not an outstandingly great one. The story was a little bit different though and I think that's what appealed to most people who were bored of the same old "aliens invading" scenario most FPS games employ.

Having just started Resistance 2 and sharing your feeling for it so far, I'd be amazed if this wasn't better.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

ekona wrote:Yup, FPS. First one was seriously over-hyped when it was originally released: It was a good game, but not an outstandingly great one. The story was a little bit different though and I think that's what appealed to most people who were bored of the same old "aliens invading" scenario most FPS games employ.

Having just started Resistance 2 and sharing your feeling for it so far, I'd be amazed if this wasn't better.

Yeah agreed mate. I've got both F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R Files. First one is a great game but not outstanding. The story and A.I are both very good and the slow-mo gun fights are excellent fun! 8) :twisted:

F.E.A.R Files is more like 1.5. Its an extension pack, still good but not great.

F.E.A.R 2 is looking VERY good! :twisted: :thumleft:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

ekona wrote:Yup, FPS. First one was seriously over-hyped when it was originally released: It was a good game, but not an outstandingly great one. The story was a little bit different though and I think that's what appealed to most people who were bored of the same old "aliens invading" scenario most FPS games employ.

Cool, resistance 2 goes back tomorrow for COD5. May pick Fear up too if its on pre owned.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

ENSMR2 wrote:

Cool, resistance 2 goes back tomorrow for COD5. May pick Fear up too if its on pre owned.

resistance no good then??
everyone was raving it was gonnabe great
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Black Beast Pistol wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:

Not in my opinion. I've said it before. Levels are too short. Completed the whole game in a little over 6 hours if that. I was not counting. Got it last sat I think, completed by Thurs/Fri. Not about difficulty a I died a few times. There are not enough levels. Story was ok, Game play was good, weapons better. Graphics Great in a few places, just plain average the rest. On some occasions it was just poor though graphics wise. I don't buy the whole play it on hard to make it last longer. That does not add levels to the game. It just means you are stuck on the same levels for longer, plus you'd probably get more pi$$ed. The 1st one was longer. Constantly going round the game thinking, why didn't they think of doing this here or that there etc. So not good!

End boss was stupidly easy, in fact you don't even have to shoot it. End boss in the first one was WAY harder.

It is basically resistance 1, shorter and with more colours.

COD5 should last longer and the guy at game says it's the most played PS3 game online at the moment. I know all my mates are playing it so Ill have more fun with it. May get online with R2 tonight before I take it back tomorrow.
James

Post by James »

ENSMR2 wrote:
Black Beast Pistol wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:

Not in my opinion. I've said it before. Levels are too short. Completed the whole game in a little over 6 hours if that. I was not counting. Got it last sat I think, completed by Thurs/Fri. Not about difficulty a I died a few times. There are not enough levels. Story was ok, Game play was good, weapons better. Graphics Great in a few places, just plain average the rest. On some occasions it was just poor though graphics wise. I don't buy the whole play it on hard to make it last longer. That does not add levels to the game. It just means you are stuck on the same levels for longer, plus you'd probably get more pi$$ed. The 1st one was longer. Constantly going round the game thinking, why didn't they think of doing this here or that there etc. So not good!

End boss was stupidly easy, in fact you don't even have to shoot it. End boss in the first one was WAY harder.

It is basically resistance 1, shorter and with more colours.

COD5 should last longer and the guy at game says it's the most played PS3 game online at the moment. I know all my mates are playing it so Ill have more fun with it. May get online with R2 tonight before I take it back tomorrow.

Agreed, all though I think COD5 isn't very good. Not a touch on 2, 3, and 4.
I would go for Left for Dead instead if you already have GOW 2
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The thing about the original fear was that it was xxxx YOUR PANTS SCARY.

It's a bit old now, the graphics are poor in relation to modern games but it's still without doubt the scariest thing I've ever played.

The story is good and keeps you playing.
You can pick it up so cheap it's certainly worth getting as it's no loss if you dont like it.

Never in a game, when playing have I thought Sh&&&&&&&&&&&&&&T and run away from something!

I did get FEAR Files but it wasnt as good as FEAR and I ended up using it as trade in for something else.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I thought it was more weird than scary. Dead Space had me cacking myself far more than FEAR, and Doom3 maybe even more so until I realised that I'd be attacked in every dark corner.

Never got round to playing FEAR Files though as I played the original on the PC and when Files came out I was still in my "FPS can only be played on the PC ner ner ner" stage. Thank god I grew out of that! :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

FEAR in the dark with the surround sound on was so much scarier than Dead Space :shock:

When your down in the sewer with just a torch for light and that little girl appears, giggles then runs off had the hairs on my neck standing on edge.

There was a bit in Fear Files that got me too. Your in a room with your team, all of a sudden it goes dark, then the lights flick on and you see one of the team covered in blood and being dragged up a wall and through a window but no ones there. That bit gave me a nipple on :shock:
Dead Space, great game, never really found it scary though. Jumpy sometimes.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Your a bunch of girls - I havent played one game that made me once want to poo my pants! At most they create some atmopshere but nothing more than that.

Fear / Condemmed etc hardly scary!

Do you all sleep with the light on? :mrgreen:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:Your a bunch of girls - I havent played one game that made me once want to poo my pants! At most they create some atmopshere but nothing more than that.

In the dark with 5.1 cranked up Condemned is damn good!! Definately makes you jump!

F.E.A.R I didn't find scary just because you've got massive weapons and slow-mo to destroy everything! Great gane though.

Doom3 was also amazing! Doom4 on the way!! :shock: 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

thai boxer wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:Your a bunch of girls - I havent played one game that made me once want to poo my pants! At most they create some atmopshere but nothing more than that.

In the dark with 5.1 cranked up Condemned is damn good!! Definately makes you jump!

F.E.A.R I didn't find scary just because you've got massive weapons and slow-mo to destroy everything! Great gane though.

Doom3 was also amazing! Doom4 on the way!! :shock: 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It wasnt the bad guys that scared me, just the little girl and some of the sudden cut scenes and those bloody noises that come from behind you.

Nothing else what so ever has scared me, just FEAR.
Could be that it was the first scary game I ever played?
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Hahaha, and I had you down as a big tough kick boxer type! Just got visions of you sat in the dark playing 360 and shrieking like a girl. ;) :D

I think the only game that has genuinely created some tension / shock was Resident Evil on the Ps2 – that was awesome. Dark, claustrophobic, fantastic music score, constantly aware something was coming after you and if it wasn’t zombies spilling through a window it was the big monster smashing the wall down.

TBH I think I miss a lot sound wise, need to get some headphones as I cant crank my TV right up as it may upset my pleb neighbours.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Having loud surround sound makes scary games substantially scarier.

I need to re-play Bioshock with the surround cranked up.
I even noticed that playing Dead Space with the volume up made a difference to the atmosphere.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Nothing beats the silent hill series for me. Except the latest one as I heard it was crap so have not bothered getting it.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

ENSMR2 wrote:Nothing beats the silent hill series for me. Except the latest one as I heard it was crap so have not bothered getting it.

i was gonna post about silent hill if somebody didnt.

the sounds in those games are mental.

i remember shitting my pants after playing the first one round a mates and having to walk home in the dark. i was only about 10 i think.

the industrial sounds they use really are great.
Rev 3 GTS
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:

Hahaha, and I had you down as a big tough kick boxer type! Just got visions of you sat in the dark playing 360 and shrieking like a girl. ;) :D

I think the only game that has genuinely created some tension / shock was Resident Evil on the Ps2 – that was awesome. Dark, claustrophobic, fantastic music score, constantly aware something was coming after you and if it wasn’t zombies spilling through a window it was the big monster smashing the wall down.

TBH I think I miss a lot sound wise, need to get some headphones as I cant crank my TV right up as it may upset my pleb neighbours.

OI! Its THAI BOXER not pussy kick boxer!! Get it right mate! :twisted: :wink:

Mate you cant play these types of games through just the TV!! Come on!!

GOTA be 5.1+ surrond sound! Play Condemned in the dark, on your own with the 5.1 cranked right up!...You WILL jump! :wink: :twisted:

Res' Evil's are very good! Played all of them so far and waited my life on the first 2 on the PS1. Great tension and sound effects! :thumleft: Ridiculous puzzles though! ](*,)

Return to “Games Consoles”