Phew, am i glad to be home

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

C50

Phew, am i glad to be home

Post by C50 »

my battery died (went bone dry :oops: ) so i topped up with water and asked for a jump. The girl connected the leads wrong way round thus blowing a 70a lego style fuse which is screwed in place :(

i unscrewed the fuse and fashioned a paper clip to fit and luckily worked and got home \:D/

but when i got home a tried starting the car, the starter clicks but all electrics work.. arrgh ](*,)
RobCrezz

Re: Phew, am i glad to be home

Post by RobCrezz »

C50 wrote:my battery died (went bone dry :oops: ) so i topped up with water and asked for a jump. The girl connected the leads wrong way round thus blowing a 70a lego style fuse which is screwed in place :(

i unscrewed the fuse and fashioned a paper clip to fit and luckily worked and got home \:D/

but when i got home a tried starting the car, the starter clicks but all electrics work.. arrgh ](*,)

Sounds like ya battery has had it mate!
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

The same thing happended to my other halfs car on Sunday. We jump started it. Then took it for a long run with no lights, radio, heater on e.t.c and kept revs at about 3,500 to get some charge back in the battery.

Was ok after that, but she still got a new battery fitted on Wednesday as it would have done it again, being that the battery was knackered.
C50

Post by C50 »

I bump started it yesterday and took a long drive. All fine now \:D/ guess it was the battery not charged enough.

Also got a 80A lego style fuse from the scrappy for free today! It's not 70A but still better than a paperclip :)

Return to “Driving Experiences”