Recent Trackday at Donington Park

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: Recent Trackday at Donington Park

Post by michael »

Quote of the day had to be this:

"I can't seem to get it in gear properly, it needs more boost"

Bosst, the answer to all your problems :)
jonno

Post by jonno »

I had forgotten about that - prossibly the quote of the year?
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

btw Neil, what was the story with this pic??

Were you checking out my bum or something for later?!?!? :oops:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Nelo 漂&#27 wrote:btw Neil, what was the story with this pic??

Call that a bum? :o
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

Lauren wrote:
Nelo 漂&#27 wrote:btw Neil, what was the story with this pic??

Call that a bum? :o

Blame the photographer! The camera hates my bum I swear!! :lol: heh
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

GLOL! probably best not to go there!
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

[quote="JJ]The turbo still operates like normal, its just when it spools down everyso often, I get a trail of smoke now following me[/quote]

Hey J, just out of curiosity, what is you PCV line like? Do you have it routed through a catch can or anything? It's just that when fitting my chargecooler I accidentally kinked one of the PCV lines going to my catch can and drove around for a day like that and when throttling off after boost I would get a huge trail of smoke behind me.

I checked all the pipes and turned out the kink in the PCV line caused it for me so I just thought i'd check with ya.

P
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

jonno wrote:Very good point - I havent seen any video footage yet and I spotted quite a few video cameras on the day?

yeah, I've got some footage - but it all in car Mk1 stuff ..

I'll post it up to a separate thread :)
jonno

Post by jonno »

btw Neil, what was the story with this pic??

Bearing in mind I have just got back from watching my mates band play and I have had way too much to drink, I suspect that picture was actually taken by my esteemed photography coleague Michael Canny and isnt actually my fault.

I didnt take a single picture of you :) - honest, I swear!

Mitch back me up, tell him it was you :)
michael

Post by michael »

Neil took the photo but used my camera, he said you were "cute" and then muttered something about his spare room?

or....

I took it as part of my "reportage" - too many people concentrate on the cars, I like to get a few people too.

:lol:
jonno

Post by jonno »

Cute?

My Cat is Cute

Just for the record Pete is *not* cute...
jonno

Post by jonno »

yeah, I've got some footage - but it all in car Mk1 stuff ..

So its got lots of footage of MkII's overtaking you then? - And Pete in the gravel trap obviously :)

:)
lower

Post by lower »

just looked at the pictures of me taken by the professional. some of the people on the day took better pics, but there are one or two that i like. shame none of them have other cars in though.

when's the next track trackday going to be then? i think i've been spoilt by donington and am not so interested in an airfield day.

Last edited by lower on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJ

Post by JJ »

jonno wrote:And a Gearbox and a Cluctch and an Exhaust!

ooo... that was scary, I thought i'd have to pull it all out again for the 4th time !! Having a crack at the porker on the straight, I went from 3rd to 4th, had no pressure on the pedal (unaware), so instead of the clutch disengaging, I literially pulled it out of 3rd and tried to use the non clutch usage, stupid lesson learned approach ! :lol: which evidently didn't work !! in other words, a real screw up by my part which made me look like I'd recently applied to BSM for some more driving lessons... almost cost me the box... still doesn't feel right now but its still engages and holds in for now ! :shock:

The exhaust... yup, broke that ... did i forget to mention that !! :D

Lol !! All of us going to the petrol station, all our exhausts had either unbolted themselves or fell apart !!! :lol: We all sounded like buckets of 5hit idling !!

Jonnos was put together by the staff at Toys R us .. lol !! he only drove round donny once and the only thing holding his entire turbo assembly from falling out and wiping out a mk1 :wink: was the tie wraps and gaffer tape ! :D

Peter... I nominate you drift king of the day ... we should have a knighting ceramony for the move at the crane.. that only 4 of us saw... and alledgidly the 5 other marshalls .. 80 mph opposite lock, drift / fishtail.... what ever you want to call it.... what a hell of a comeback !! You must have had one of those disable drivers knobs ( not the kind you irish are thinking ! ) on your steering wheel fitted... because I didn't think it was physically possible to turn the wheel that quick lock to lock !!! Must have been some good smells going on in your cabin at the time !! :D

Jonnos... well, I could only move out the way of that... once that turbo spooled up, its was tearing the tarmac up behind him ... better check you intake for marshalls or flags and stuff.

Canny - the battle cruiser.. didn't even look like it was breaking a sweat ... forward and fast ... and at one time use to be quiet about it too.... but now has thunder rolling behind it.

GTSchris... lol ! I dont' need to say much... you could see the tiredness written all over his face driving a track day with a set of nankangs on ! hard work doesn't come into it..... don't know how that boy manages a 360 degree spin going straight though... thats has to be his hollywood stunt driving school skills coming through !!

These are only but a few of the people met on the day, glad to meet lauren the mk2 slayer :wink: and many others.

Definitely one to remember ! :D
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
JJ

Post by JJ »

allan welsh wrote:JJ broke a turbo?? He normally doesn't break anything!!! :lol: :D

JJ - how's that front mounted pre-rad coming on. Hopefully after chrimbo I'll get a pay rise and chargecooling here I come

Sorry kid, been playing too much... well working every hour of the day !! I'm working on getting some brackets made to take on UK spec 4 pot Supra front calipers / disks too... so few things in the pan !

I'll keep in touch !

:)
JJ

Post by JJ »

michael wrote:Quote of the day had to be this:

"I can't seem to get it in gear properly, it needs more boost"

Who said that like ???? :wink:
michael

Post by michael »

Special mention to the RX8 driver on the way back too eh - tool!

I wish I'd have been more confident and played with a bit more speed but there is always next time, I'm really keen to go back to Donington now, especially as it seems a lot closer to home than I thought it was. Maybe I'll arrive a little later though, 7.15am was a bit silly :)
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

That rx8 driver was a total nobber! Gives new meaning to drive it like you stole it though!

Thanks to those who let me have free rides all day :D - Neil "Big brakes" Johnson, J "no clutch" J, Chris "Nankang" Huntley and Pete "sideways" Carrick.

:evil:

P.S. Whys there no mention of drag racing in the motorsport forum heading :D
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

michael wrote:Neil took the photo but used my camera, he said you were "cute" and then muttered something about his spare room?

or....

I took it as part of my "reportage" - too many people concentrate on the cars, I like to get a few people too.

:lol:

LOL!
jonno

Post by jonno »

Thanks to those who let me have free rides all day - Neil "Big brakes" Johnson, J "no clutch" J, Chris "Nankang" Huntley and Pete "sideways" Carrick.

On the subject of brakes, can anyone recommend a decent rear brake pad? For some reason my blueprint rear pads seem to have glazed slightly and one of them has a chunk of material missing - thought the braking went off slightly after the last 20 laps :)

Neil took the photo but used my camera, he said you were "cute" and then muttered something about his spare room?

I deny any and all involvement with said picture - I will call my lawyer if this slander continues ! :)

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”