[Mk2] [Turbo] help with choosing some speakers!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

saj8162

[Mk2] [Turbo] help with choosing some speakers!

Post by saj8162 »

would like to upgrade my speakers in the tubby, currently running standard speakers from a pioneer blue tooth sterio, not after no subs, just decent replacement speakers to get a nice sound max about £300 would like to spend! any idear's? want nice clear sounds!
mattymr2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] help with choosing some speakers!

Post by mattymr2 »

i bought infinty kappa's for the doors and rear. sounds are clear but theres just no bass to them. if you go to loud you get serious distortion. my cousins standard speakers in his seat leon Fr are awesome in comparison.

i think ur'll struggle to get decent quality sound from standard size rear speakers....

im also interested in peoples recommendations, i dont want to go the sub woofer route either......but i dont think many people look at the ice and security threads... :(
saj8162

Post by saj8162 »

cheers matty!

I wouldnt mind a sub behind the seat, but im 6ft 3 and i need the seat all the way back, be nice to hear a few peoples mr2's with there set up, to compare, they should do a mr2 ice meet!
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

i'm also 6'3 ,think im gonna fit a pair of 6 x9's in the cubby holes behind the seats to try and improve the bass... :-k
saj8162

Post by saj8162 »

hows about removing the centre consol, on the back, between the seats, and installing a bass tube in the middle, :P something different! plenty of bass, and will look mental!
Andytoyota

Post by Andytoyota »

I think Focal's are the best for the front doors, highly recommended by a lot of people although are quite expensive and you need an amp really to get the most out of them. Wouldn't bother with the rear speakers personally, just get good fronts and then maybe a small sub behind the seat, works well in mine :mrgreen:
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

Infinity kappa's are the way to go, I paid £48 for a set of brand new 67.5cs's they fit straight in with no spacer needed!
But...... They definatly need amping, kappa's need a good 50w RMS to see any decent amount of mid bass from them
Buy a small 2 channel amp (I've got a 2nd hand kicker 200.2 running mine which I bought off eBay for £30)
So for under £100 you can't do better!
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

saj8162 wrote:hows about removing the centre consol, on the back, between the seats, and installing a bass tube in the middle, :P something different! plenty of bass, and will look mental!

Now that's an idea!!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: Just need to find one short enough

6'2" and with a T-bar so I'm in the same position,seat fully fully back and have to fit both t-bar panels behind the passenger seat.

I've got Kappa infinity 6" components in the front, 5.25"kappa infinity 2 way in the back and have been looking at fitting 2 or 4 Vibe QB69 (rectangular 6x9) speakers on the verticle part of the cubby behind the seat wired straight into a stereo/amp sub output, but liking your tube idea.....off to ebay!

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Aha,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Bazooka-BT602 ... .m63.l1177

18 3/4" height, Once I finish work I'll get out the tape.

Cheers for the idea

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.

Return to “ICE and Security”