Yet Another Coup For The Mk1 Club

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Re: Yet Another Coup For The Mk1 Club

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Bloody brilliant Jinxy :D Your car looks great, she looks good and we have always known you are a poser :lol:
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Jinxy fixed it for you!

Fantastic and she's quite fit, the MK1 that is :thumleft:

Did you get her to join the club if shes a big fan :mrgreen:

Love it, can't wait for the wrie up, right off to play Now thats what I call music 5 on the stylo #-o
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Jinxy fixed it for you!

Fantastic and she's quite fit, the MK1 that is :thumleft:

Did you get her to join the club if shes a big fan :mrgreen:

Love it, can't wait for the wrie up, right off to play Now thats what I call music 5 on the stylo #-o

Maybe some of my eight's stylo will look good :D Fat boy on the dance floor :clap:
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

a better class of looting is now available :clap:
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Just seen this post and thought i would let you know how the story went:

I got a call from a lady called Hannah on monday from Polydor records she got my number from the website believe it or not!

She said she needed a black mk1 for a photo shoot it was all to do with the lighting, after a bit of a chat i convinced her a mica blue one would do the trick. It was short notice and i was working so i gave Tony a ring on the off chance and he was available. So i forwarded all the details to Mr Jinx and you know the rest.

I said to Hannah we would like tp be sent any pics for the club mag and also said a small credit to the mk1 club on the inside sleeve would be fantastic.

So hope this is all good Wayne didn't get a chance to contact you?

Thought this was a step in the right direction for the new Improved mk1 club. Here's to many more promotions! :thumleft:

Pete.
WeirdNeville

Post by WeirdNeville »

I am really impressed. It's a credit that these cars are being seen as a part of the iconography of the 80's and used to reference that era - it's almost pop art!

I must say I always get a bit of a buzz listening to Thriller top whack as I'm tolling along in the Mk1. It just seems "right".

Your car looked ace Jinxy, well done!
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Yep im equally amazed they found us at all considdering how bad the site is :shock: , all credit to Pete for putting them in contact with me though thanks mate :thumleft: , just glad my job allows me the freedom to be available at odd times with very short notice, really appreciate it, i wasnt party to the conversation you had with Hannah regarding the sleeve etc, but i do know she is sending some pics across as soon as they are sorted she has promised that. In the end they did say that a pure black car would have absorbed too much of the reflected light from the lighting which would have made it more difficult to photograph :-k :-k whatever that means so they were really happy with the Mica blue :thumleft: , Jinxy
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

So hope this is all good Wayne didn't get a chance to contact you?

Pete, Jinxy - top class work!

A great team effort!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

I dito what Wayne said, superb!

Just look at what we have achieved in 2 months, starts of the motering world on or stand at the NEC, Waynes MK1 on the telly and now Jinx's album pop pics!

I know Motors TV are covering the racing series, I wonder if they would like to do a feature on the club to support the opening race.
dopiaza

Post by dopiaza »

30 million views on the music video now!

https://youtu.be/tXtATeQ7GKg

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”