Mk1 stereo/CD player?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

Mk1 stereo/CD player?

Post by Tiny »

Has anyone seen a non active Mk1 headunit with the toyota CD round input?
un1eash

Re: Mk1 stereo/CD player?

Post by un1eash »

?????
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

sorry wasnt the best worded was it Basically i want ot keep the originality theme in my new black mk1 but i want a CD player too.

Now i have a mk2 Headunit with the round Cd player plug on the rear for the toyota CD player that i also have. but that has the active wiring and i dont have an active system in my car and i can see that being really really awkward and quite difficult problem to resolve. So i was wondering did toyota ever fit the MK1s with Headunits that have the Toyota CD player round plug but were not the non amplified Active type. :thumleft:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Toyota did do a double din cd/cassette player that was an extra in later mk1's, VERY rare I think as it was very expensive then
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

ive got the single din Cd player i just need a single din Stereo radio/cassette thats internally amplified that takes the round Multichanger connector.

problem is i dont think that will exsist as you wont want the super good head unit without the super good amplified subs etc.
NDR008

Post by NDR008 »

I am not sure I understand what you want, but if you try explain the connection issue I might sugget building some mini circuit to make up for the 'missing' feature - if I can understand exactly what you don't have to make it work at the moment.
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

I'm not sure what you are after but i still have the SC SE edition cd player that came out of my SC, i think it takes over the whole gap .
It's a cd over tape unit, it all works well other than it needs to have the Jap thing sorted for it's radio frequency :)
I'm not sure at the moment what it is worth but might be putting it on ebay.
Pm me if you are interested.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

oukie wrote:Toyota did do a double din cd/cassette player that was an extra in later mk1's, VERY rare I think as it was very expensive then

Indeed, 3 of them went in the skip when BOK motorsport relocated (as well as tons of spares) I tried to save them but was to late :cry:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I have the double din out of Jaspa (my rev 1 mk2) could you not swap that in? I'm guessing they will be very similar if not the same.

I'll see if it is down here and bring it on Sunday if it is. I think it may be in Norwich with the rest of the car though
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

please ill bring the two single din units with me on sun :thumleft:

did jaspa not have the active system then?
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Tiny wrote:please ill bring the two single din units with me on sun :thumleft:

did jaspa not have the active system then?

Ah, Good point. Didn't have any speakers in Cubby holes if that means yay or nay?
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

thats possibly really good as i need a non active headunit nad if you didnt have any speakers in the bins probably means it wasnt :thumleft:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

The bad new though, Is that it is in Norwich. I'll bring it back over xmas for you #-o
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

yeah no rush its for the one in Gosport anyway :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”