Engine Stay for Mk1 SC

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

STUAW11

Engine Stay for Mk1 SC

Post by STUAW11 »

Would it be posible to adapt a N/A engine stay to fit a SC, as its on the other side :!: mines missing and cant find a replacement
MR2sRuleTheRoad

Re: Engine Stay for Mk1 SC

Post by MR2sRuleTheRoad »

I dont have a SC engine but I do have the engine cover from the SC, the hole was already there for the clip at the bottom of the bar and went straight in. I had to bend it in a couple of places for it to fit nicely but looks and fits perfect now. The only problem I have now is that I have nowhere to clip it to when your not using it, where does the original SC bar go?
System-G

Post by System-G »

The engine stay on the SC is on the opposite side of the bay to the N/A's. I believe they are the same though. Ours wasn't permanently fitted and looked very similar to the N/A's one, but never did a direct comparison.
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

IIRC the SC stay is a bit shorter than the NA's

Just do an aftermarket conversion to a gas strut stay - icsunonova did this on his SC
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

If you have no luck finding a second-hand one and modifying and NA one proves awkward, Toyota main dealers used to be able to supple them new. Can't remember how much it was now as a few years ago, but would be worth trying. Just make sure you have your chassis number with you! :lol:
Captain Vimes

Post by Captain Vimes »

mine's a 'modified' n/a stay - did it a while ago but can't remember exactly what I did. Don't think I spent more than 20mins bodging it to work.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

i got a new one from toyota about 2 years ago. i seem to recall they were reasonably priced.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”