after a bit of mirror edge tried this

now i never got into mass effect but this :thumleft: :thumleft:

i could not put it down

loved way it starts (will not ruin it) but its been well done

i do not think you stay in the vault long enough but outside

the graphics outside are just simply stunning :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

i walked straight outside and got eaten by a dog :evil:

love it though really good
was a bit upset i was hoping to get friendly with this girl and then killed her dad so that won't be happenning ](*,)

highly recommened i think its gonna be a massive game so gonna be playin for a while with a bit of mirrors edge and gears online inbetween :thumleft:
Bender Unit

Re: Fallout 3

Post by Bender Unit »

was a bit upset i was hoping to get friendly with this girl and then killed her dad so that won't be happening

Even if you don’t batter her dad you still don’t get it on ;-) Also if the Overseer is dead I don’t know how that affects another quest later on? ;) I wont ruin it but you get back into Vault 101 and she still doesn’t put out after you help her.

By the way, the password to the secret door is kept in a locked next to the Overseers desk!

I am on my second play through, trying to do a few different things, the game just doesn’t get boring!

Get to the museum of natural history, and get Lincolns repeater! Massively accurate and hugely powerful. Removes heads with ease!
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Just about to finish Dead Space, definately going to pick this up when i trade it in :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Eventually I will kill that xxxxxx bad guy on dead space and pick this up.

I played it too much and now I'm sick of it. Really should learn to pace myself.

Either that or I'll ask Santa for it :thumleft:

We need some christmas smilies.
Igor

Post by Igor »

yeah its awesome!! love having a super mutant as bodyguard :mrgreen:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Just got this and Mirrors edge for £51. Bargain.

got 24 hours off work, girlfriends at uni and parents are away.

im sorted. :thumleft:
Rev 3 GTS
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

yeah lovin it gonna bash it tonight but not wanna wear myself out and get bored with it so will play mirrors edge at teh same time to pace myself :thumleft:

just walked outside so far so long way to go yet
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

i ended up playing mirrors edge most of the night but i got outside the vault before turning it off for bed.

i love the way they always have a dramatic entrance into there world. they did the same when you came out the dungeon on oblivion.

VATS works well too. :thumleft: so far.
Rev 3 GTS
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

SamUK wrote:i ended up playing mirrors edge most of the night but i got outside the vault before turning it off for bed.

i love the way they always have a dramatic entrance into there world. they did the same when you came out the dungeon on oblivion.

VATS works well too. :thumleft: so far.

i am in the school now, keep getting shot [-(
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

I loved the original Fallout games and was enthralled with Fallout3 when I first bought it.

I am now about 15 hours in and getting incredibly bored though. It is very repetitive. I am so sick and tired of featurless environments and searching every last box and container in case it yields anything interesting (which it rarely does).

Does anyone else feel the same?

Also my copy seems to have loads of bugs - I get stuck on the terrain sometimes and have to reload my game. Also found a supermutant stuck in a rock and have had a few scorpions go catapulting across the wasteland for no apparent reason?!
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

James Junior wrote:I loved the original Fallout games and was enthralled with Fallout3 when I first bought it.

I am now about 15 hours in and getting incredibly bored though. It is very repetitive. I am so sick and tired of featurless environments and searching every last box and container in case it yields anything interesting (which it rarely does).

Does anyone else feel the same?

Also my copy seems to have loads of bugs - I get stuck on the terrain sometimes and have to reload my game. Also found a supermutant stuck in a rock and have had a few scorpions go catapulting across the wasteland for no apparent reason?!

Extremely repetitive man!

Just wait to you find the library etc where there are tons of goodies but you end up packing too much and have to start eciding what you wanna keep and what to drop. then you have the countless back and forwards to megaton/rivet city to sell stuff off etc. Which means you get half way through a building and then you have to run back to the start to fast ravel back then come back to the building and start again lol.

It gets well easy after you gain some experience though. Have not had any trouble with any enemies for a while. Biggest trouble is those Yuo Gai bear things. Even the death claws are easy.

Shot gun is my fave weapon, and the missile launcher.

Just done the virtual reality level. Found the fail safe and worked out how to access it to do it the good way.

Game is good but the backwards and forwards parts are SO annoying.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

What the hell are you guys buying with all your cash?

Didnt really bother buying a selling crap, still have lots of cash.

Just a tip - go to Arlington Libary, speak to the scribe and sell her all the pre war books you find £100 each.

Also repair wepons so your not carrying multiple weapons - if you sell them you still get as much cash but dont get weighed down.

Oh go to the museum of histiory for Lincolns repeater, and Everygreen mills and kill the trder for the Terrible shotgun.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Bender Unit wrote:What the hell are you guys buying with all your cash?

Didnt really bother buying a selling crap, still have lots of cash.

Just a tip - go to Arlington Libary, speak to the scribe and sell her all the pre war books you find £100 each.

Also repair wepons so your not carrying multiple weapons - if you sell them you still get as much cash but dont get weighed down.

Oh go to the museum of histiory for Lincolns repeater, and Everygreen mills and kill the trder for the Terrible shotgun.

Mate I've been to the museum of history. what is Lincolns Repeater? Didn't find anything.

re the pre war books. Would have helped if I came across her earlier lol. I had tons and sold them off before I met her.

Need somewhere to store my spare weapons. Thats half the reason I can't carry too much. Don't spend all my cash either. If I do it's on ammo or stimpacks if I have not found any in a while.
steve

Post by steve »

Bender Unit wrote:What the hell are you guys buying with all your cash?

not much, i've got about 15000 caps, a locker fully of weapons/power armour/custom weapon parts + all the ammo & stimpacks i'll ever need :lol:

i just trade the armour/crap weapons with traders for whatever ammo/stimpacks they have

only have about 4 side quests and a couple of main ones left though so will start over soon
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

OK guys just bought the box set!

Havn't started it yet but will do asap. What tips can you give me playing it then?

Things to definately do, things not to do etc. Advice/tips/help?

Just completed Farcry2 (excellent game!) and started Fable2 but not my type of game, to kiddie.

Gona give this one some hours though! :wink:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Ens

You need to get a house if you want to store your goods – if you save megaton you get the keys to a hut. Then dump all your gear in the locker.

If you need Stimpacks collect sensor modules and then swap them with the Brotherhood outcasts at Fort Independence.

Lincoln’s repeater is in the Museum of history (not the underworld BTW).

Go up the stairs, through the door at the back of the big room – work you way around the level until you get to the part that’s filled with the Feral Ghouls (not the underworld with the normal ghouls). It’s on the second level – and you need to go through the barred gate – unpick the lock and go up the stairs – in the big central room in the corner is a cabinet and the gun is inside.

The museum has a lot of Feral Ghouls in there so go loaded, they go down easy enough though. Take a buddy if your still on a low level – they can take the hits whilst you do the shooting.

Whilst you there grab the poster of the Lincoln memorial (top of the stairs before the gun) as you will potentially need it later for another mission. There is also some other Lincoln stuff kicking around so have a search – you can sell these bits to the museum in Rivet city or a slaver who wants to destroy it.

Oh if you haven’t got a buddy then there is Dogmeat in the scrap yard – you find him defending his dead masters body from raiders. Pretty hard dog but wont stand up to much gun fire – but will find you guns and ammo! Or you can get the contract to Charon in the underworld – speak the Azrakul in his shop – ask about the dude in the corner, talk about his contract and then you get an option to kill a ghoul called Greta in return of the contract. Seems the smoking ban has hit the Capital Wasteland as Greta goes outside for a fag – you can find her around 10am ish outside the Underworld. Blow her away collect your contract – then roam the wastes with 1 super hard buddy!

You also meet Fawkes later on, who becomes your buddy. With Charon and Fawkes you probably won’t need to kill another person your self!
Last edited by Bender Unit on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

What tips can you give me playing it then?

Things that help – lock picking, repair skills, science (hacking), small guns, energy weapons, stealth, healing. The rest isn’t really worth bothering with.

Set your character up so it will be good at fighting – I wouldn’t massively worry about the softer skills – you won’t use them a huge amount. Also when you’re being shot to xxxx your Charisma skill isn’t going to help you all that much! :D

FYI you can cheat the GOAT, which decides a few attributes – this means you can pick them, obviously go for the fighting related option.

Before you leave get tooled up with guns, bats, armour and things of any value – not talking paperweights and that crap though. Collect bobby pins and stimpacks too. The spare armour you collect etc can then be sold shortly after to give you some money.

Don’t follow the main mission religiously – get to Megaton, then go for a bit of a wander and just explore.

I love this game, keep going back to it.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

thai boxer wrote:Things to definately do, things not to do etc. Advice/tips/help?

dont nick a mug.

seems to really p1$$ everyone off.

#-o
Rev 3 GTS
Azz

Post by Azz »

Got pi$$ed of with Agatha for screaming at me for doing something I could not of known about, So i shot her in the face with a shotgun and splattered her all over her house and stole all her stuff, :mrgreen:

Only to realise I still could have got it for her ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
---------
If your lockpic is just not enough take a pack of Mentats and it will go up a little,
---------
Look for the UFO the little mans gun is very good
---------
Get the Perk "Animal Friend" the second you get offered it as it means you don’t have to worry about anything other than rad scorpions getting you meaning you can walk right into the Yao Guai Bear Tunnels whout them giving a $hit
---------
If you want stuff free, walk up to it and pick it up (not "take" it) and walk it out of sight into a corner and then "take" it, once you have a massive stack go sell it back to the shop keepers and traders

Love this game
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Finding it quite hard to get into this game. :? ](*,)

Not like Mass Effect where you get straight into it with the story.

Been playing this for a few hours now, in Megaton, chatting to a few people. Off to the Super-Duper Mart now.

See how it goes. Havn't even fired my gun once yet! :evil:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

Return to “Games Consoles”