What is it with people?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

craig

What is it with people?

Post by craig »

Went to go pick my girlfriend up from college, and on the way they are knocking down a bridge and have closed one lane so:

one lane open "bi-directional" controlled by temp traffic lights, I go through on amber and am the last car over the bridge, the first car parked over the other side flashed me because their lights were on green. Is it my chuffin problem, the lights are slightly out of step? :roll:

Anyway, picked girlfriend up from college and turning right through a filter light when someone on the opposite side of the road enters the box junction on green and nearly drives into my front end ](*,) (They have to give way as my side had the filter) So I beeped at him to say wtf are you doing?!?

Really takes the fun out of driving when you encounter people like this on the road :(

Anyone have similar encounters with people who can't drive?
Blue_5

Re: What is it with people?

Post by Blue_5 »

I had Mr Big in his 4x4 the other day.

Came up to a set of lights, two lanes that after lights go into 3 - left, straight on and right at more lights.

Was in right lane, 4x4 in left. Right lane you get in/stay in to go right, left for left/straight on. Set off, 4x4 goes ahead and without indicating, cuts right across me. I give him a quick toot. He then pulls back into the left lane, goes up just before 3 cars are waiting in the right lane so that when i join the back of the queue, he will be parallel with me. As i pull up, he's looking at me with what i can only assume is his 'tough guy' look. I just look back at him. He then shoots off into the middle lane, and goes straight on.

WTF! Why didn't you just stay in the left lane you moron!

And just don't get me started on roundabouts - i don't know what way they give way to on their planets, but it sure isn't to the right.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

don't even get me started, i had a guy try to road rage me, chased my car then blocked me in at a set of temp lights, we both got out the car, i clobbered him a few times then nudged him out the way as by this time he was standing in front of my motor, then he called the police and i am getting done with assault, breach of the peace and striking him with a motor vehicle!!!!

he drove past 15-20 cars in a queue of traffic lights (which i was at the front of) to have it out with me!!!!

and i am being penalised for standing up for myself!!!!!

hand jockey!!! :evil:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

what do you mean "clobbered"? sounds to me like assault
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

sheppy wrote:i clobbered him a few times

and i am getting done with assault, breach of the peace and striking him with a motor vehicle!!!!

and i am being penalised for standing up for myself!!!!!

:roll:

On teh motorway on Saturday, me in lane 1, fool behind me in both lane 1 & 2 ( [-X ), I had to swerve almost onto the hardshoulder. Flashed him as he went past. Next thing I know there's a marked Volvo behind me with lights going, hello hello hello what's all this then :-k
Volvo then moves over to the hardshoulder and passes me and pulls the fool that nearly took the side of my car off \:D/
Although probably not for that reason, I'm sure it was the same Volvo that had been waiting with a speed gun a couple of miles back :roll:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Justice!

Good stuff :thumleft:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

If I made a post for every time some nob jockey cut me up on the road or drive like a tw@ I'd not have time to go to work lol.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

mattcambs wrote:what do you mean "clobbered"? sounds to me like assault

well, he blocked me in and got out his car screaming and shouting, it was a "fight or flight" kind of moment except i was blocked in, soooo.......
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

RedMR² wrote:

Every single time I go on the road!

The quality of driving is going down the pan. Lane discipline is one of my biggest hates. People who cut straight down then try and cut in at the end. Or people who get in the wrong lane at roundabouts then just barge across you. Usually in 4x4's as they think "I'm bigger so he'll move"

Actually I think most problems on the roads are caused by people with 4x4's these days. IMO you should have to take a seperate test to drive something that big, most of them couldnt handle a Micra let alone a two ton truck.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

sheppy carry a 6 D cell maglight in the car suddenly people who shout and complain go very quiet and its legal :thumleft:
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Tiny wrote:sheppy carry a 6 D cell maglight in the car suddenly people who shout and complain go very quiet and its legal :thumleft:

...or a torque rench in the cabin to tighten those wheel nuts ;)
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Or just smack up up side the head with your fist, tools are for pussy's :thumleft:
Blue_5

Post by Blue_5 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Every single time I go on the road!

The quality of driving is going down the pan. Lane discipline is one of my biggest hates. People who cut straight down then try and cut in at the end. Or people who get in the wrong lane at roundabouts then just barge across you. Usually in 4x4's as they think "I'm bigger so he'll move"

Actually I think most problems on the roads are caused by people with 4x4's these days. IMO you should have to take a seperate test to drive something that big, most of them couldnt handle a Micra let alone a two ton truck.

There's just something about 4x4's. Anyone needs them for off roading, work etc, fine. But its the obvious status 4x4's that get me - the Cayennes, Q8's etc, which honestly, for me just exist so that Mr/Mrs Inadequate can be bigger than anyone else.
BarronMR

Post by BarronMR »

I've had the similar tools ignoring lane disipline.

Local roundabout gets busy in the left lane, so all the nice, decent, honest people que to go left or straight on and all the tools, usually rep car hand jockey's just go in the right hand lane and force back in to go straight on.

Tool that cut me up, was swiftly overtaken and his progress reduced to 15mph.

They also have been know to do a full loop of roundabout before taking straight on exit, I think I might be tempted to pull out onto roundabout if they did it in front of me.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Woman in a 4x4 pulled out in front of me earlier today on a roundabout, and when I expressed my displeasure she proceeded to hurl a load of abuse at me (which looked very comical considering I couldn't hear her!). She looked so worked up - like it was my fault - that I just grinned and blew her a kiss. She looked like she was going to explode as I roared off! :D :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

matt_mr2t wrote:Or just smack up up side the head with your fist, tools are for pussy's :thumleft:

this is what i did!!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Tiny wrote:sheppy carry a 6 D cell maglight in the car suddenly people who shout and complain go very quiet and its legal :thumleft:

to blind him??? haha!!
michael

Post by michael »

RedMR² wrote:

People who don't know that amber means stop you mean? O:)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Last time I checked it meant prepare to stop? IE speed up to go through before it goes red :thumleft:

What's worse than dodgy drivers?

Cyclists - they dont seem to understand traffic lights at all do they. I dont know how many times I've seen the bomb through a crossing and nearly wipe up dozens of people.

One day, when the timing is right I am going to kick one off.
michael

Post by michael »

matt_mr2t wrote:Last time I checked it meant prepare to stop? IE speed up to go through before it goes red :thumleft:

Check again ;)

It means stop, unless it's dangerous to do so... and let's be honest here, it rarely is but people don't try hard enough.

Return to “Driving Experiences”