cod 4 or cod 5?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

cod 4 or cod 5?

Post by H3RB »

which do you prefer?
i LOVED cod 4 with a passion its the only online game i played for about 8 months every night, guns were awsome game play was fantastic and the maps were perfect.
singler player was awsome 2.

cod 5, online is just not as much fun as cod 4. the guns are lame (yes i no its ww2)
the hit boxes are dire you can shoot some body in the chest and get a head shot? wtf?
some of the maps are rediculus.
the dogs wear freakin kevlar!
but some are pretty damn good.
single player is retarded on veteran its just a constant grenade fest.
graphics are considerably worse then cod 4.
btw i only play hardcore mode online (1 shot one kill, and no hud or cross hair)

if u didnt know cod 3 and 4 were made by different teams, cod 2 and 4 are made by infinity ward, cod 3 and 5 are made by try arch.
if u ask me cod 2 and 4 are by far the best.
dont get me wrong is still really enjoy playing it online but there just seems to be something missing.
what does everybody else think?
matt_mr2t

Re: cod 4 or cod 5?

Post by matt_mr2t »

I've not played 5 yet but 4 is to date the only game I've ever played online.
andyc1988

Post by andyc1988 »

I have now bought both and find them both great games, although after replaying 4 after a few days of 5 it seems smoother faster and with better graphics. For me 4 is the best although I am enjoying 5 and the tanks are good for blasting people! :twisted:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Agree with you H3RB. COD 2 and 4 are excellent! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
pcp

Post by pcp »

i bought 2, 3 and 4 on release day, still haven't bought 5 yet so that may tell you something :lol:

i just wish activision would realise what a balls up treyarch made of 3 and scrap them from the series ](*,)

i didn't even get the achievemnt for playing 10 online games in COD3 it was that bad :shock:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

pcp wrote:

i didn't even get the achievemnt for playing 10 online games in COD3 it was that bad :shock:

Ditto mate! :thumleft: :lol:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

Cod5 is plop!
Online it's crap and the single player looks like they made it in a rush, it's way to short!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

cod 4 is the best. cod5 really is poor. cant stand ww2 games
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:Agree with you H3RB. COD 2 and 4 are excellent! :thumleft:

+1

calling in a helicopter on cod 4 doesn't really compare to a pack of friggin dogs :lol:

Cod 2 is the one to play for WW2, as for cod 5 being better than 4........ =; :thumleft:
zd210

Post by zd210 »

May I start with ... I hate treyarch with a passion.

Cod2 and Cod4 are part of a few very select games where I have completed veteran mode. And I loved every second of it. Even the anger and frustration of playing through one section for 30 minutes without dying and without advancing. The game just felt intense, I was scared to put my head up.. I'm pretty sure I was shell shocked 8-[

Cod5 was completed single player in less than 4 hours.. and not once did I feel like, wow I'm actually afraid to pop out. I ended up running in shooting then knifing the rest when the automatics ran out. Not once did I feel I was fighting for my virtual life, and really that's all we want is 5 minutes of escapism.
Also I did not care an inch about the characters lives. Now crawling through a nuclear wasteland.. that just makes you feel something.

I have played Cod4 on 360 and Cod5 on ps3.
Online Cod4 was just perfect. Cod5 felt boring and slow.. and tanks in hardcore are just impossibly annoying.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that felt cod5 looked worse than cod4 as well, how does a newer game look worse?

All in all treyarch have kept up and improved upon my overall and well deserved hated opinion of them.

Return to “Games Consoles”