The Winter "Diesel On The Road" Thread

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mattcambs

Re: The Winter "Diesel On The Road" Thread

Post by mattcambs »

Well, sir, you may be in luck :D

I am going to work on a photo guide for this mod with the help of Andy.
pcp

Post by pcp »

Lauren would the BMW not be a lot more forgiving as all the weight isn't in the back of the car?

For all you guys having spins i think i know why, there's a common theme in all your stories, "I was going 5mph..." "15mph...." "tip toeing round the roundabout...", take it more aggressively, it'll be a lot more fun :eye:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pcp wrote:Lauren would the BMW not be a lot more forgiving as all the weight isn't in the back of the car?

For all you guys having spins i think i know why, there's a common theme in all your stories, "I was going 5mph..." "15mph...." "tip toeing round the roundabout...", take it more aggressively, it'll be a lot more fun :eye:

The BMW is more forgiving to an extent, it certainly has an easier balance and that is the joy of front engined RWD cars really.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
pcp

Post by pcp »

Lauren wrote:
pcp wrote:Lauren would the BMW not be a lot more forgiving as all the weight isn't in the back of the car?

The BMW is more forgiving to an extent, it certainly has an easier balance and that is the joy of front engined RWD cars really.

:thumleft:

to me tho that's part of the appeal of the 2, there's not many affordable MR cars about, suppose i could've bought an MGF :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pcp wrote:

to me tho that's part of the appeal of the 2, there's not many affordable MR cars about, suppose i could've bought an MGF :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very true and I must admit I did have an MR fixation, when I got my first MR2 back in 2000, I was so proud of having the exotic MR layout.... you know the conversation, 'It has its engine in the middle like a ferrari (erm except its transverse instead of longitudinal though I would leave that bit out!)'.

I really enjoy MR cars, it definately teaches you loads in car control and that is no bad thing.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
pcp

Post by pcp »

Lauren wrote:
pcp wrote:

Very true and I must admit I did have an MR fixation, when I got my first MR2 back in 2000, I was so proud of having the exotic MR layout.... you know the conversation, 'It has its engine in the middle like a ferrari (erm except its transverse instead of longitudinal though I would leave that bit out!)'.

I really enjoy MR cars, it definately teaches you loads in car control and that is no bad thing.

:lol: i don't make the comparison to ferraris but a lot of people compare it to the bat mobile, on saturday night i nearly crapped myself, coming out the place my band practises the old fella (about 80) who does the caretaking stopped us - "any of you boys own a black car, WNM or something?" "Err yeah" then he went quiet for about 30 seconds with a strange look on his face - "...it's a strange looking car", the area isn't exactly the nicest and we were 5 storeys up so i thought he was going to say nicked broken into #-o

The MR layout is definitely an eye opener, mine isn't as tail happy as a lot of the tubby guys but i'm still on stock suspension/tyre size, the place where it inspires the least confidence in me is more at higher speeds on long sweeping bends on the mway, can just imagine the back end slipping there :pale:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

The amount of novices that say "has it got another engine in the front as well then"
pcp

Post by pcp »

matt_mr2t wrote:The amount of novices that say "has it got another engine in the front as well then"

the first year i brought it for MOT the guy told me to pop the bonnet, i leaned out and said the engines in the back, he didn't look too amused and pretended he knew that and was checking for something else :lol:
flackie666

Post by flackie666 »

i convinced a mate (Female) that my mr was battery powerd by opening the frunk never herd a battery car roar like mine does haha
Not So Fast But Just As Furious =]
flackie666

Post by flackie666 »

and back on topic this is what diesel did to my scoobie

the kurb im parked at wasnt what i hit i slid into a roundabout sideways well front wheel first still have the center of the wheel memories
Not So Fast But Just As Furious =]

Return to “Driving Experiences”