Need a MR2 checked out in North Hertfordshire

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonb-

Need a MR2 checked out in North Hertfordshire

Post by jonb- »

Hey,

Sorry to be the annoying newbie but we all have to start somewhere :)

As some of you may have read I've a MR2 project car lined up but the headgasket has gone.

I was wondering if anyone in the north herts / south beds area could recommend anyone who'd be willing to come by and have a half hour check over the car for cash. I just want to make sure it's just the headgasket.

Failing that, can anyone recommend mr2 friendly garages in this area? It's a rev2 UK model so shouldn't be any import issues.

thanks again

jon
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Need a MR2 checked out in North Hertfordshire

Post by tonigmr2 »

Hi mate

I know a very good garage in Harpenden who know me very well, if that's close enough for you?

They are a small independent garage but are very experienced with imports and previously did all my work on my tubbies. Just call 01582 469955 and ask to speak to David (preferably) or Simon (just say Toni recommended you and they'll treat you well!).
T
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Thanks toni, they're only around 30 mins away so it looks like i've found a garage to do the work, now i just need a second opinion on the car too see if it'll drive the 15 miles there :-k
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

www.cartransportbroker.co.uk if you're stuck!

T
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

beset wrote:Thanks toni, they're only around 30 mins away so it looks like i've found a garage to do the work, now i just need a second opinion on the car too see if it'll drive the 15 miles there :-k

If your an AA member or an RAC member they might be able to help you. They can do a gas test that can help determine a head gasket fault.
Otherwise it's as above mate.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”