Insurance V6, Turbo & n/a

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MID LIFE CRISIS

Insurance V6, Turbo & n/a

Post by MID LIFE CRISIS »

I spoke to Sky Insurance today for a quote on a V6 conversion and a rev 3 Turbo. The V6 came in at £341 comprehensive, excess of £350, 3000 miles pa, no agreed value :shock: . The Turbo was exactly the same :shock: :shock: , aparently £341 is there minium price for this cover. So i asked about my n/a, £341. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I pay £210 at the min, comp., 3000 miles pa and an AGREED value of £1500 , excess is £300.

I'm 42, clean licence, no accidents etc.

Then i phoned SureTerm direct, who i have my MR2 n/a with, V6 was £330, £300 x/s, 3k pa and AGREED value pending photo's :D . The Turbo was £249 :D , same cover, what can i say but shop around peeps.

Jayson :thumleft:
Lewis Jay

Re: Insurance V6, Turbo & n/a

Post by Lewis Jay »

I spoke to Sky today, fuc4er5 never got back in touch with me though #-o

I guess it will £341 though. :thumleft:
M

May try sureterm whatsit..........you got a number for them?
MID LIFE CRISIS

Here you go mate, Sureterm Direct 08452020230.

They put me with Equity Red Star, not that it matters.

I waited for Sky to call me most of the day, when they did my mobile rang once then stopped. So i rang them back, maybe thats what they wanted :? ,BARSTEWARDS :evil:
pcp

Post by pcp »

MID LIFE CRISIS wrote:I spoke to Sky Insurance today for a quote on a V6 conversion and a rev 3 Turbo. The V6 came in at £341 comprehensive, excess of £350, 3000 miles pa, no agreed value :shock: . The Turbo was exactly the same :shock: :shock: , aparently £341 is there minium price for this cover. So i asked about my n/a, £341. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I pay £210 at the min, comp., 3000 miles pa and an AGREED value of £1500 , excess is £300.

I'm 42, clean licence, no accidents etc.

Then i phoned SureTerm direct, who i have my MR2 n/a with, V6 was £330, £300 x/s, 3k pa and AGREED value pending photo's :D . The Turbo was £249 :D , same cover, what can i say but shop around peeps.

Jayson :thumleft:

they seem very hight to me, especially with the low miles, high excess and low agreed value :shock:
antnkel

Post by antnkel »

If you don't mind me asking what's the agreed value and what spec's the car? 8)
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I only pay £50 more for my v6 per year than my NA at £370 fully comp, my insurance company class the conversion as an engine upgrade and they asked me what the bhp increase would be in % :shock: Told the truth though although I think this is a rather dumb way of doing things.
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

Blimey, I can only dream of figures like that, I am on about £900 with 8000 miles.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

whats really upsetting is i put my younger, has been driving less years, and has had an accident wife on my insurance and its comes down by £200 go figure :evil:
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

Well Sky can do it for £341. :shock:

Like for like mods, (exhaust, intercooler, coilovers, ARB`s and bushes ALSO a boost contoller added too agreed value, 3000miles limited mileage £250 compulsary £0 voluntary.

Noone else came close.

Ask for Luke at Sky he is a top bloke. :thumleft:
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

Lewis Jay wrote:Well Sky can do it for £341. :shock:

Like for like mods, (exhaust, intercooler, coilovers, ARB`s and bushes ALSO a boost contoller added too agreed value, 3000miles limited mileage £250 compulsary £0 voluntary.

Noone else came close.

Ask for Luke at Sky he is a top bloke. :thumleft:

Nice one mate. Will give them a try in December, last year, nobody came close to a plan for me but will bear this in mind
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

I was disappointed with my quote from Sky. It was over £1000. Admittedly I had an accident last year but even so I'm 27 with 8 yrs NCB and live in a fairly rural area.
MID LIFE CRISIS

antnkel wrote:If you don't mind me asking what's the agreed value and what spec's the car? 8)

Ther's NO agreed value on any of the quotes from Sky mate, they wouldn't do it. :evil:

The agreed value with Sureterm is £1500, on my '91 (J) rev1 n/a, EVERYTHING is stock, susp., exhaust, air filter, even the radio/cassete and CD are stock :lol: . The only change is 16" aftermarket alloys, these are declared. It was easy, i only had to send them 6 photo's and got it. :thumleft:
MID LIFE CRISIS

blue2 wrote:I only pay £50 more for my v6 per year than my NA at £370 fully comp, my insurance company class the conversion as an engine upgrade and they asked me what the bhp increase would be in % :shock: Told the truth though although I think this is a rather dumb way of doing things.

Who are you're insurance company mate ?
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

I pay £235 FC, MK2 Rev2 NA Nearly 7yrs NCB
24 years young.

But I live on the isle of man. Qoute for a v6 conv, £342 FC \:D/
antnkel

Post by antnkel »

I'm being bent over with my insurance to start with I bought a uk rev3 t-bar which had been converted to turbo with a couple of mods which came to just short of £800- was told because it was a conversion it would cost more!
Now I am having a v6 put in and when I told them they said " it's alright your insurance won't go up it'll just stay the same". When I asked why there wouldn't be a drop in price they said "well it is a v6."
I am 36 9 years on-claims.

Car Insurance is legalized robbery. :thumbdown:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

sounds like you need to give oli a call mate thats shocking
cherdyboy

Post by cherdyboy »

Just out of interest, is everyone declaring their mods to their insurance companies?
Mines due for renewal in a few moths so been looking around, it starts at £400 notes for the standard rev2 turbo, but by the time ive told them what extras its got on it the premium ends up at nearer £900???????
antnkel

Post by antnkel »

who's oil? :?
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

Sky are awful TBH, thats my opinion. I have had a few off of them in the past and they refused to insure me as of my area codes even though i live in a nice area of town!? i dont get it atall. Every other insurer never has a problem, i am now insured with Highway insurance for £400 fully comp, 6000 miles a year ltd and mods declared.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

try a1, listed in premium members area, very good quotes

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”