[Mk2] [Generic] Passed its MOT with one advisory

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Deegee99

[Mk2] [Generic] Passed its MOT with one advisory

Post by Deegee99 »

My MR2 has been off the road since April after finding out that the wheel alignment was not what it should be! I work for an insurance repair group and we have 4 wheel laser alignment in house, so thought I would put the car on the aligner and see what was happening with it as it regularly destroyed tyres at an alarming rate of pounds ](*,) The car had been involved in an accident on the drivers front side and had bent a lot of the suspension components. The only bit I did not replace was the bottom arm, after a check it was discovered that the front wheels weren't at all happy with where they sat relative to themselves and the road. I removed the bottom arm and only then did I see that the bottom arm fixing bolt to the chassis was bent and the metalastic bush was shattered, fixed the problem by swapping over the parts from my donor car. Job done. The day before I took the car for its MOT I had to spend some hours freeing up the offside handbrake cable as it had seized through lack of use, the calipers were treated to the same tlc and they were workable after the fettling. The advisory I got was for the offside handbrake not being as efficient as the nearside but well within the limits for a pass.

Had to laugh at the tester and his helper struggling to find the rear fog lamp, they found the switch and turned it on but spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why there was no fog light on. Had to put them out of their misery and told them there wasn't one fitted! :oldtongue: He replied to me that the car was probably too old to have one. I didn't have the heart to tell him it fell off over a year ago and I taped the wires to the inside of the bumper out of the way LOLOL. No mention of the black rear lights/reflectors. Oh its great to be in the motor trade :twisted:
splashnatz

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Passed its MOT with one advisory

Post by splashnatz »

good news about your mot there ! - another year of motoring in your '2.

glad you solved your tyre wear problems - shows you never really know what's happened in these old cars lives.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”